Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Baby brain does exist – and for a good reason!

Replies

• Whilst I was pregnant with my eldest, now five, I regularly put the bottle of bleach back in the fridge and the milk in the cupboard under the sink - I only realised when I later went to make more tea.
  • I don't have a very good memory at the best of times but since I've been pregnant I've been about a million times worse! I seem to lose things instantly and spend half my life looking for things because I've forgotten where I've put them. I do things and then have absolutely no recollection of having done them and then I completely forget to do important things!

A couple of weeks ago I went to my mum's house and she gave me a bundle of Christmas cards that had been delivered there for me. Now I could have sworn I put them in my bag and took them home. I'm sure I even remember doing it! I got home and pottered about for a bit and then I decided to put the Christmas Cards up. Where they in my bag? No they were not! I turned the house upside down! I even went through the rubbish bags in the dustbin! I was quite upset because one of the cards had some money in for my 2 year old from a relative. In the end I phoned my mum and she said "well you left them here on the coffee table!" Talk about feeling stupid! I don't know who's worse - my dad who's got alzheimers or me with my baby brain!!!