Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Baby Show Preview! Silver Cross reveals new all-terrain Surf

Replies

• I had the same with back wheel on a Mothercare buggy that was made by Petit Star. Mothercare said they kept spares in to orepair it cos it's a common fault with some type of wheels and it's a spring clip thing that comes out. I've had a wheel come off while i was crossing a road. Once in the middle of town when I had a baby, load of shopping and a big box and was parked really far away. It was a 3 wheeler too so awkward to pus with a wheel off and I felt like an idiot with people looking.

I ended up on the third occassion taking ti back to Mothercare demanding a refund even though it was 6 months old cos it wasn't fit for purpose and after an hour they finally caved and gave me my full money back. The maufacturers shouldn't continue making them with this obvious fault.It's just crazy and they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

• WE PURCHASED A SILVER CROSS SURF SYSTEM FROM KIDDISAFE IN JUNE/JULY 2010. ONE OF THE REAR WHEELS OF IT KEEPS FALLING OFF OCCASIONALLY FOR NO REASON AT ALL. THE WHEEL FELL OFF WHILE CROSSING THE ROAD, THIS IS THE REASON WE CANNOT USE THE SILVER CROSS SURF OUTSIDE HOME, IT IS TOO DANGEROUS. THIS IS AFTER KIDDISAFE HAVE LOOKED AT IT AND RETURNED IT TO US 2010 JULY CLAIMING IT IS DUE TO MISS USE, WHEN IT WAS BRAND NEW 5 MINS ONLY JUST CHASSIS OUT OF THE BOX WHEN WE NOTICED ONE OF THE WHEELS DOES NOT STAY WITH THE CHASSIS. WE CONTACTED SILVER CROSS AND THEY TOLD US TO DEAL WITH THE COMPANY WE BOUGHT IT FROM. KIDDISAFE IGNORED THAT IT HAS FACTORY FAULT AND REFUSED TO REPLACE IT BACK THEN. WE ARE THINKING OF CONTACTING ALL WEBSITES, MAGAZINES, BABY SHOW ORGANIZERS, SHOPS, NEWSPAPERS AND CUSTOMER RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS WE CAN CONCERNING SERVICE WE RECEIVED FROM KIDDISAFE AND SILVERCROSS IN 2010 JULY AND THE FAULTY SILVER CROSS PRAM THAT HAS COST US IN EXCESS OF £580 AND KIDDISAFE AND SILVERCROSS HAVE REFUSED TO REPLACE.