Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Coughs in pregnancy

Replies

• Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• Try eating less. Eat smaller portions of well balanced meals. I've had the same problem, I tried everything and medications and all. I tried eating less and it worked. If you're already eating good (small meals) then perhaps exercise and drinking alot of water will help.
  • I am 39 weeks pregnant, And have an awful chest infection, my doctor prescribed me some penicillin but that has not yet helped.
    Because of constant coughing my stomach is so sore it hurts when i cough. I can not sleep at night because all the mucus comes up off my chest when lay down even though i do prop 3 pillows to sit me up more. Its driving me crazy i cant cope i need sleep but can't get any and i am scared it'll affect my little girl :( ANY ADVISE PLEASE HELP
  • Am 14 weeks pregnant, and i av coughwhich my stomach hurt me whenever i cough and worst of all is i hardly sleep and so tired.....pls any advice for me.....
  • Hello i'm 33weeks pregnant at the moment and i'm 24 years old and a smoker as well. Lately for about a week i have been having this bad cough.
    I cough so bad i pee myself and its not a little bit, i have to change my undies all the time. When i'm coughing too much i tend to get hot and flustard witch makes the coughing more worse, it ends up making it diffecult for me too breath. Sometimes i spew, sometimes my flem is foamy and sometimes it's green gunky stuff. When i have been coughing to much i tend to get a headache. I drink alot of water to help it and sometimes that works. Since i've been on my 3rd trimester i have been lacking on sleep and i am so tired. please if any1 has any advice please don't hesitate to comment back. Nga mihi (Thank you)
  • Hey jmama just wanted to know did your cough get any better also whats the update with your pregnancy. My due date is 26th May so think we are similar dates
    Iv had a cough for a while now after a cold and keep peeing, worried I am coughing so much I am leaking waters. Its just a dry cough with me and I'm sure it will clear soon