Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Why I wish I hadn't been such a 'baby grow' mum

Replies

• Options
    I was one of those Mums who always put proper clothes on - not always dressed right up but leggings and a t-shirt and then baby grows were for night-time but I agree with your friend it was mostly to show people I was coping because as a new mum you get judged a lot. I was criticised if I wasn't wearing any make-up or if I'd dared to have a nap while she was sleeping I was called lazy.
  • Options
    Ah see and I often regret I have not used baby grows a bit more. I did dress my little girl in them a lot especially early days but I wish I continued for longer at least for home and night time. I always felt like I had to dress her up a bit better for activities etc but honestly she was so small it would not have mattered and she would have been more comfortable.

But we did not really go mad at all, to be honest I do not like all those ribbons and complicated dresses on tiny babies!
  • Options
    She was probably much more comfortable in a baby grow - no itchy fabrics of tight waist bands. When you have a young baby - just getting them dressed is an accomplishment. Mine went through many changes a day due to leaks, vomit, food etc so using baby grows made changes easier, sorting washing easier and made life as a new mum just that little bit more manageable.