Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: Sex in pregnancy - your honest experiences

Replies

• Ha, pink1986 - glad to hear you're making up for lost time!

Completely understand how you felt, though. It's one thing for experts to say sex in pregnancy is quite safe for the baby but another to actually do it when you've a history of miscarriage and you're so consumed with worry, isn't it?

Thanks so much for your comment.

• I agree with denise from relate that a bit of pampering would be nice... But she needs to be careful giving out advice... 'A long hot bath' is not something that is recommended during pregnancy as the sustained allover heat can cause a rise in internal body temp which can be dangerous to the baby!
  • I'm in my second trimester and sex is kinda scary sometimes I'm afraid I'm hurting the baby and other times I'm worried age could feel everything. Usually it feels amazing but I've done doggy style and I found it to be very uncomfortable. My boyfriend is the brave one and tells me there is nothing to worry about and that she will be okay but i always tend to worry and i don't crave sex as I've had before i became pregnant is that normal. Also he is the one who craves it just as much now as before. In the article it says men don't add much as they did before there partner before they became pregnant.
  • From finding out I was pregnant in aug 13 we didn't have sex til my son turned 6 weeks old. I had two miscarriages so was too afraid to. And then was healing but wow when we did lol
  • I’m 5 months pregnant and I’m super horny all of the time. My boyfriend and I just broke up and it’s really hard because we don’t speak at all so I’m just down right miserable at this point and very sexually frustrated (toys do not excite me)