Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Talkback: New mum's super honest 'before' and 'after' baby body comparison

Replies

• I feel for Anupa because that is wgat happened to me even after 4 months of having given birth still l was being asked whether l was pregnant again. There are a number of peolle that get back in shape as soon as look at Selena Williams after 2 week. And when your body does not go back to how it was as quick as others you feel really bad. There ix pressure in society l agree to bounce back however not analysing what as a mother obe is going through

I was a first time mum unfortunately during the last trimester l gained a bit of weight. When l gave birth l had a emergency CS which was devastating for me but happy my child was safe and it was only me and my partner no one else to help out. My body did not recover infact it was overworking because after my husband went back to work everything was in me alone. My friend had a baby after me and within a few weeks she was back. I felt bad as l could not explain why to my husband other than our bodies are different. How then do you justify then when there are so many people who get back and you are just not. I felt my body was failing me until a health visitor said to me your body had do many changes within the 9 minths and you expect to bounce back after? I was embarassed of myself althougheven after a year l have not had my body back quite as yet lol l struggle at times to understand why but hopefully like Anupa l would accept it one day.