Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Stranger tells mum of 3-month-old baby in cafe: 'We don't want to hear your baby cry'

Replies

• Options

Cafes are family friendly places, which means children and babies are allowed!! 

If she didnt want to hear babies cry, like you said she should have stayed at home.. or even better she should have gone somewhere where babies dont tend to be! Cafes are filled with babies, and you have the same right to be in there as her, dont worry! If it happens again, continue to console your child.. and unless the manager asks you to leave.. ignore them. 

• Options
    Generally people are understanding. I would probably leave if the crying continued for more than 15-20 minutes or so or it was obvious my baby or toddler was not going to stop. But there’s no need for anyone to be rude. If the woman really wanted a peaceful coffee she should have stayed home and enjoyed the silence of her kitchen.
  • Options
    I live in Twickenham and I have a 2.5 boy. One evening I was walking with my DH and my Son who was crying.. A young man approached us And told us that he is a musician and We should make him listen to classical music. My DH understood that he is just a young man who doesn’t understand a thing about toddlers so he asked him kindly to leave us be, the young man insisted that our child shouldn’t cry like this and it’s our fault, we started feeling unsafe and walked a way. The Man kept telling us off in the background. That was out in the streets not even a coffee shop or a restaurant. Those type of peoples are everywhere.