Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it safe to use antihistamines while you're trying to conceive?

SystemSystem mod
edited Mar 27, 2019 9:10AM in Article comments

imageIs it safe to use antihistamines while you're trying to conceive?

We've seen lots of questions asking which hayfever remedies are OK to take while trying for a baby. The answer's still not really clear - but here's what we DO know

Read the full story here

Replies

• hi, i am trying to conceive and because of my allergy i had to take 10mg cetrizine. now i am worried did i do the right thing??
  • it says diffrent things on diffrent websites. does it effect the process of getting pregnant
  • Hi aliyah2128. Thanks for your comment – and please don't worry. From what we understand and from the expert advice we've been given, there's no evidence that cetrizine causes harm in pregnancy. But because there isn't enough research to prove that it's 100% safe in pregnancy (it's very difficult, ethically, to conduct this kind of research on pregnant women, as you can imagine), most doctors will take the cautious approach and advice avoiding cetrizine in pregnancy.
    We suggest you speak to your doctor about this. We're sure they'll have some great advice, tailored to your individual situation. Good luck with trying to conceive!
  • hi every one can any one tell me by seing the picture is it a positive pregnancy test
  • it says read the results in 3mins. but i was in a rush nd fedup i dint think so i waited for three mins nd chuck the strip in the bin but afterwards i was reading inline nd saw that positive line cn be v faint aswell thot i should checl it with mu glasses on. nd saw this. do u think its just evaporation line now? 
  • and i did my test on 10th day after ovulation alomost 5days before my periods
  • Hi alihyah2128. We're afraid we're not really in a position to help you with this. But there are lots of people over on  on our main Chat forum who are really interested in pregnancy test results and would be happy to help you with their opinion on yours, I'm sure. Good luck!