Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

20 of the best toys for 2 year olds

SystemSystem mod
edited Sep 17, 2019 6:33AM in Article comments

image20 of the best toys for 2 year olds

Our pick of the top toys for boys and girls aged 24 months and up

Read the full story here

Replies

• My little boy received the mega blocs building table for his 1st birthday but didn’t show a great deal of interest in it until closer to 18 months. I love that the top lifts off to store all of the blocks as it helps to keep the play space neat and tidy. If you have a car mad child like my son there is also a track on the top plates and you can make vehicles with wheeled blocks included with the table. This was a huge hit in our home. The table also folds for storage which is handy because it is large. One drawback I would say it is quite pricey for what it is, my little boy was more than happy to build on any surface and did so more often than using this table. He also got bored it quite quickly and by 2 it was repurposed into a water table so I wouldn’t say it’s the most suitable toy for a 2 year old but I would reccomend it for those with children very interested in building.
  • interesting... think so
  • I’m loving the wooden toy resurgence - my 20 month old loves the wooden fruit and veg great for role play - hand eye coordination and fine motor skills he loves cutting the fruit ( ie “cutting” apart the Velcro) and we have little picnics or tea parties with all of our fruit and veg : ) Lidl and wilko have a great range of wooden toys at the moment.