Forum home Article comments

Anxiety about miscarriage has risen by 33% over the past 10 years - so is it time to change the conv

SystemSystem mod
edited Oct 12, 2019 7:44AM in Article comments

imageAnxiety about miscarriage has risen by 33% over the past 10 years - so is it time to change the conversation?

There’s no scientific evidence that the rate of miscarriage is increasing, so why does our MadeForMums survey of 3,000 parents show we’re worrying more about it? Here’s what our research revealed and why we believe we need to keep talking but shift the story...

Read the full story here

Replies

• I was told years ago due to PCOS and never producing eggs that getting pregnant would be difficult for me. So we were delighted when our son arrived natural conception and fairly uncomplicated pregnancy. The birth was awful but we got through it. We never thought we'd have problems conceiving after that so it didn't enter our heads. But it took us 2 years of trying for a second child and 3 consecutive miscarriages. After the first miscarriage, the anxiety was so high each time at fear of loss. So when I fell pregnant for the 5th time I wasn't even excited and just numb and convinced it would end badly. But I'm now not only a matter of weeks away from delivery, but also found out at our 3 month scan that not only did they find a heart beat, they found 2! So we welcome our twin boys to our family very very soon. Its all been a shock but such a blessing. Never give up hope... And also never assume that just because twins didn't run in your family, that won't happen too!
  • Wow, TWINS, RuthDance! How lovely. Thank you for your comment – you give us all so much hope...