Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

"We ignored the fact we were expecting for the first 13 weeks": one mum's story of pregnancy after m

SystemSystem mod
edited Oct 12, 2019 9:13PM in Article comments

image"We ignored the fact we were expecting for the first 13 weeks": one mum's story of pregnancy after miscarriage

Following a miscarriage at 11 and a half weeks, Laura Dabbs admits that when she found out she was expecting just 3 months later, the 'joy' of pregnancy was gone

Read the full story here

Replies

• My hubby & I were exactly the same after miscarriages especially as I was spotting with our rainbow baby for 3 very long weeks! Didn’t bother with early scans as just couldn’t stomach or cope mentally with the “ I’m so sorry....” To our absolute shock our gorgeous rainbow 🌈 daughter was perfect 💗 I was scanned all the time and even though the last was perfect we were convinced an issue would arise! It did and we had the CVS done at 13 weeks which in itself holds a risk of miscarriage. We put our trust in Kings College foetal hospital & everything was fine:) longest 9 months of our lives and a terrifying birth still convinced things would go wrong. Never have I been so relieved to hold our baby 💗💗💗
  • Thank you so much for sharing this, missmyangels. It's so lovely to hear about your rainbow daughter after all you've been through...
  • I'm so reassured to read this.
    I miscarried last year, and was fortunate enough to fall pregnant again straight away, but my miscarriage in itself was a horrendous experience so it's left its mark on me.
    I'm currently 9 weeks, and also not even really acknowledging the fact I'm pregnant, even though I've had two positive scans.

When I get past week 13, I will breathe a little easier, but won't really relax properly until I have my private gender scan at week 16 and they give baby a proper check over.

Pregnancy after loss is both wonderful, and the hardest, most terrifying thing I have ever been through. It's made me very snappy, very emotional and the recurring nightmares about bleeding have taken their toll, but I'm trying to just focus on getting to that magic 16 week mark and take it one day at a time.
  • Hi @LadyGrinningSoul we remember you from the forum last year. We are so pleased to hear you are pregnant again, please do keep us updated on how things go and hopefully we'll see you in a birth club, if/when you're ready. Wishing you a super sticky bean. 
  • Congratulations @LadyGrinningSoul hope everything goes perfectly for you when baby is in your arms you can breathe a huge sigh of relief!! Pregnancy after miscarriage is so exhausting x