Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Your baby’s memory

SystemSystem mod
edited Oct 14, 2020 5:24PM in Article comments
imageYour baby’s memory

Practical Parenting’s resident psychologist, Dr Richard Woolfson, provides you with an insight into your baby’s mind and memory

Read the full story here

Replies

• Options
    Can a 1 year old who is now 2 years old remember someone, 'a face' from a year ago. Say a parent they haven't seen in 12 months..?
  • Options
    Ooh we don't know, Bubble95 – what a great question!
    This is quite an old article of ours that we'd love to update. We'll try to get in touch with Dr Woolfson to see what he says...
  • Options
    My daughter has 2 girls, 18 months and 7 months. She left the girls with her dad and me to care for them while she relocated to another city and state. The girls were 16 months and 5 months old.

About 1.5 months later, we reunite with her, but the babies are skiddish around her, causing great agony to my daughter. We've been here almost a week, and they're warning uo, but not interacting as before. It breaks my heart to see my daughter heartbroken and in despair. How long before they accept her as Mommy, and how can I help?