Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Why can’t my daughter wear knee length socks at secondary school?

SystemSystem mod
edited Nov 21, 2020 4:24PM in Article comments
imageWhy can’t my daughter wear knee length socks at secondary school?

One mum tries to get to the bottom of the no-knee-high socks rule at senior school - and what this could mean for her daughter

Read the full story here

Replies

• Options
    Why shouldn't she be pushed into removing her leg hair if it's a problem? She will have to do it sometime, and hair removal doesn't make hair grow back thicker.
    Yes I expect it's from the girls wanting to make the skirts as short as possible, and not realising all the pervs staring at them from their cars as the girls walk home from school.
  • Options
    ShelyShely New
    edited May 1, 2021 9:46PM
    well, I have to agree with the lady above me, but there's way more things about hair leg removal than just the myth of it growing thicker. For example it can actually make your skin sensitive and prone to skin problems, or cause a lot of ingrown hairs wich are quite bothering and come with even more skin problems. And honestly, I wouldnt like for a poor 11y/o little girl to go through that at all. So in this, my say would be to really try to speak with the school, because such a rule its too stupid and it makes everyone uncomfortable, and the kid takes the worse part of it. Only a pedo would look at knee high socks and think they're sexy. Or in the other hand, only some crazy totalitarian-regime-lover conservative would look at knee-high socks and think they're disruptive or a call for conflict????