Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sports that are safe in pregnancy

SystemSystem mod
edited May 13, 2021 6:31AM in Article comments
imageSports that are safe in pregnancy

If you are an avid cycler, or adore football, then find out if you can continue throughout pregnancy as our exercise guru answers your questions

Read the full story here

Replies

• Hi, I play cricket and want to know whether I can continue playing while pregnant? It is a short season so would be finishing by 2nd trimester. I estimate that I am around 7 weeks now and have played a couple of games already (not knowing I was pregnant at the time) if I don’t continue my team will know the reason and I’m not ready to announce it yet
    Thanks
  • Hi BeckyS. And that's a good question! We're not experts but the general rule seems to be that it's OK to carry on with sports that you were doing before you were pregnant - as long as you don't push yourself beyond exercise limits you had before.

Saying that, with cricket, there is always the danger of being struck by a ball, so that's something to bear in mind, if you field in the slips or something.

We would suggest you talk to a midwife or your GP about this - they should be able to advise you properly.

And CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy!