Forum home Pregnancy Baby names
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Your fav girl/boy name at the moment. would you still choose the names you have used?

Hi

I have seen a few name posts recently so it got me wondering. Thought it might help those deciding on names too!

I have Layla Elly-Mai and a Bobby Rae i would 100% still have chosen them now although i do have a few names i would love to have used.

Although i will not be having any more babies i still have a list of names i would love Indifferent

So my fav boy names at the moment are:

Harlen

Tyler

Girls names:

Sophia

Freya

Darcey

What are your fav's and are you happy with the choices you made?

DD xx

Replies

• Wave DD, haven't 'seen' you around lately.  Hope you are all well.

I have Ella Rose and James.  If I had the choice I would still choose E but probably not J.  I felt a bit pushed into it by H and the midwife to choose a name before we left hospital so just went with J because I thought it was nice (although he gets called Jimmy).  I think I would of went for Tommy or Sonny if I had of waited and had more time to think.

I love the name Caspar for a boy but H said NO NO NO and we couldn't use it anyway with our surname.

If J was a girl he was going to be Poppy Olivia which I would use if we had another girl.

• I'm keeping quiet as we'll be using our girl or boy name very soon!

But I would absolutely still use Ned which is what #1 is called

• I love Henry. No other boys names come close.

I did want cherry for a girl but it is a bit 'out there' so I'm not sure

• I would 100% use Poppy Isabella again, i love it! Current favourites are Arthur and Ivy.

• I have a Noah and I love his name. It's the only boys name we like! I have no idea what will happen if we have another boy, he will be nameless.

I like Clara for a girl but H says nooo. He thinks it doesn't even sound like a proper name.

• I would have called this one indigo or scout if it were a girl, however he is a he - I love the name we have for him.

I'd absolutely use C's name again, I don't care what people think about it. I do sometimes have wobbles, though I actually care more about *her* liking it in the future rather than others.

• I have a Casey and Jacobey.

I love both of their names, and would still use them now. My girls name of choice was Darcey. Glad I didn't get to use it, as it has become too common.

If I was to have another (NEVER going to happen) i'd use Brodey for a boy or girl.

• I love Lucas name and would use it, I do love isaacs name but wish I'd have dug my heels in and used Jonah (tbf h liked Jonah but because he'd been Isaac throughout the pregnancy and I changed my mind 2 days before I went into labour, h said it wasn't his name Laugh),

No idea what I'd use for another boy

Girl would be Cora or iris

• I still love my boys names and would choose them again yes.  My current favourites are Cooper and Miller for boys and Clementine, Juno and Mila for girls.

• Our favourite boys name is Freddie but we found out this is a girl. It's a battle between Penny or Jennifer at the moment.

My only concern is the link between Dawn and Jennifer. Least we know the names go together x

• I totally love my older girls 2 names of Freya and Ava (my name choices) and would choose them again.  My youngest is Mia which I do love but wasn't my 1st choice, my H had his way, I wanted her to be Jasmine which ended up being her middle name.  I still sometimes wish I'd had my own way!

Names I would choose for future children (not going to happen!) are

Boys - Alex

Girls - Alexa, Lexi, Maisie, Scarlett

• I have Tia Jade, Leila Rose and Alexa Grace. I'd still chose all of them the same except for maybe Jade I might chose a more traditional middle name as the others have.  But I do love all their names.  If the had been boys T would have been Alfie Jack, L would have been Oscar George and A would have been Chester George.  I still love those boys names.

We aren't having any more (snip snip) but my current fave girls name is Merida.  I always struggled with boys names.

• I have Evie Rose - I would definitely choose her name again.

My favourite boys name is Arthur. I like Cooper too but it's a family surname so couldn't use it.

• Oh yes, I'd definitely pick the same boys name for C again!

My current favourites are Cole and Lucas for a boy, and Phoebe and Evie for a girl.

• No children yet so haven't had to officially make any decisions! My favourite names do differ from H's favourites, unfortunately, although we have managed to agree on 1 boys name and a couple of girls names.

My own favourites are:

Girls - Lexi (this is one we agree on), Eleni, Eliza (another we agree on), Esme, Imogen (H quite likes but doesn't love, so probable middle name), Sienna, Sophie - but our surname begins with S and I don't really like alliterative names.

Boys - Archie, Harry, Sebastian, Noah and Ruari (Ruari is the only one we agree on, H has banned my top 4 but I'm angling for one of them as a middle name!) Isaac is further down my list, but is another one we both think is ok and would use.

• My current boys favourite is Dylan (or Casper, but H has vetoed that one - I'm working on it!) and have a long list for girls, favourites are Naomi and Lucy currently.

ETA - I love the names we chose for our boys (Joshua Luke and Jacob Matthew) and wouldn't change them at all.

• I have Theo Michael, Eleni Sofia and Jonah Theo. I love them all as much as I did, possibly Eleni more than at the time as I had a few wobbles about it but she is very much her name. I also love the name Theodore now which I didn't like back then so if things were different I'd probably wish I'd used it but he's always going to be my Theo so it's not an issue. Names we had for the last time were Olive Poppy and Jude John (I was very taken with Judah but its very similar to Jonah)  which I'd probably use if we ever got the chance to again.

• At the moment I am loving Charlotte and Melissa and H is in full agreement as he came up with both of them lol. Middle names I like are Rose, Jayne or Alice.

Boys names, I love George, Adam, Dominic, James (Jamie).

I still love my son's name, I always will I think as he is named after my late father. I do wish I had not given him the middle name of James though as I think that would be our favourite for this one.

• Current faves liked by me and h are William and Ciaran, for girls Annabelle/belle. No children due til august so we have time to expand the list or change our minds!

• Flora is my current all time favourite for a girl, but hubs can't say it without thinking of butter/spread so we've compromised with Florence.  He just can't come up with anything we both like for a boy.