Forum home Pregnancy Baby names
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help with a first name to go with chosen middle name

DH and I have decided we like Charlie (DH grandad) for a middle name, but cannot find a first name, we want something unusual but not weird!

We do not want any names beginning with a J or an A (my brother decided to name all his girls with a name beginning with an A and the boys with a J..they have 6 children, so we are J & A'ed out!)

Any suggestions...I liked Miles but not sure what are your thoughts.

Thank you xx

Replies

• Is it for a boy or girl?

Boy: Kardon, Liam, Grayson

Girl: Caesi, Ellaina, Gloria

Hope that helps some, they're all pretty unique

• oh thank you NewMommy, they all work don't they.

We do not know the sex of our baby, but Charlie would be if it was a boy, we have already got some girls names we like, we just knew we wanted Charlie after DH Grandad if a boy, but were struggling with a first name to go with it as we didn't want Charles, if that makes sense.

Thank you so much

• Hi, you could always go with Charlotte for a girl?

Are there any other family names you could use?

We came up with ..

Daniel Charles

Leon Charlie

Dylan, Thomas and Ashton 

• ooh....more help thank you so much.

We have already picked girls names thank you, it was just the boys that we are struggling with.

Liking Leon Charlie as its unusual without being outlandish xxx

• I love a good names thread!

Arthur? Isaac? Linus? Nathan? Owen?

Was going to suggest William but then the initials would be WC, which maybe isn't ideal! lol

• One of my sons is Leon, he likes it as no one else in school has his name - it has abdown side to being the only Leon lol he can't get away with much!

His mates shorten it to Lee or Leo 

• Eves;pudding, great names...WC lol....but not keen on it anyway...wanting something unusual. Love your kiddy about a good names thread xx

Busymama...I was the only person in my school with my name too! Thanks for letting me know the shortened versions, our surname finishes in an 'ley' sound although spelt leigh, so Lee Charlie .....leigh might be odd...so like my own name would have to insist on people saying full version ha ha....not that my name can really be shortened anyway.