Forum home Pregnancy Baby names
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

We’ve just heard what Jennifer Love Hewitt has called her new baby boy…

Actress Jennifer Love Hewitt has just welcomed her second child, a lovely little boy, and she’s given him the slightly unusual name of Atticus.

Now in the world of celeb baby names, Atticus certainly isn’t up there as one of the oddest - especially with the likes of these few:

Busy Philipps has two daughters - Birdie and Cricket
Mariah Carey has twins - a boy and girl called Moroccan and Monroe, apparently Roc and Roe for short!
Alicia Silverstone’s son is called Bear Blu
Kourtney Kardashian has a son called Reign Aston, and of course her sister, Kim Kardashian has daughter North
Kate Hudson’s boys are called Ryder and Bingham

So this got us thinking, are celebs expected to call their babies something a little ‘out there’?
Do you know someone with a different name?
Maybe you’re pregnant and considering something unusual?
Please do let us know, we’d love to hear your thoughts!

Replies

• Options

Names is something I've definitely started thinking about and just keep drawing a complete blank. I either a) don't like a name b) know someone with that name or c) it doesn't go with our surname!  Such a responsibility! Doesn't help that as part of my job i see alot of babies for immunisation. 

I think there may be a certain element of a celebrity show off ish ness about some of the chosen names or that's how it seems.  however some of the names could have deeper family orientated origins that we don't know about (like to give benefit of doubt!). 

I'm looking for a name that's not commonplace but not totally out there either. My 15 year old daughter says that she'll be in charge of naming her brother or sister (going to wait until he/she pops out to find out) as she knows how it'll feel having a certain name when it's a teenager! Goodness help me xxx