Forum home Pregnancy Baby names

Unusual baby names

Hello everyone. I'm Helen and I'm a new here at MFM We'd been noticing recently how much celebs love unusual baby names. This week alone, Halle Berry's named her baby boy Maceo and Alesha Dixon's named her baby girl Azura Sienna. So we're wondering what you think of baby names with a difference? Do you like names that are distinctive and unusual - that no one else's child will have? Or do you prefer more traditional, popular names? Which unusual baby names have you come across in real life? And did you like them - or loathe them? Please do tell! We'd love to hear from you... 

Replies

• The actor who plays Earl, in my name is Earl, Jason Lee's child is called Pilot Inspektor, because Jason Lee heard a song by Grandaddy called 'he's simple, he's dumb, he's the pilot'.. 

That's got to be one of the worst!

Or Jermaine Jackson's child is called 'Jermajesty'

celebs are ridiculous

• Ooh yes, I'd forgotten about Pilot Inspektor - good one!

Keep them coming, folks!

• Just found out that Nicholas Cage's son is called 'Kal-el', which is Superman's birth name. that's just silly! Poor kid!

• I'm definitely a fan of more traditional names, I always think about how much those poor kids with weird names will get teased at school!

Give me a 'John Smith' over a 'North West' any day!

• My boy is called Ziekk it's not short for anything but I liked Ezekial and I thought I'd jazz it up a bit. Being a 'Laura' at school was so boring - I was always jealous of kids with unusual names! 

• I always liked a bit of both - not everyday but nothing to get beaten up for either. My son is Zachary, but I've always liked biblical names too. 

• I love the name wyatt, or orla x