Forum home Pregnancy Baby names
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Baby Names

Hello All

New to site, just thought i would ask what names have u decided on or like. Not going to find out the sex but we like Alexander for a Boy and Imogen for a girl (we decided on this name b4 big brother!) We would like to give baby a middle name but cant find one we both like to go with Imogen any suggestions?

Best Wishes
Becca

Replies

• Options
    It's hard enough coming up with one name, isn't it, let alone a middle name too! How about Grace, Rose, Marie, Sara, Faith, Skye? I suppose it depends on how many syllables you surname has as to how long the middle name should be.
    Hope this helps x
  • Options
    Hi Daisy

Thanks for the suggestions, what names have u decided on?

Becca
  • Options
    It's still being argued, I mean decided on. So far for a girl maybe Jasmine, Freya or Scarlett and for a boy maybe Joseph or Samuel. I really like the name Jack but my sister's called her son that and most other names I like seem to have been taken by good friends of mine!
    We've go ages to go yet so the discussions will no doubt continue!
    When's your baby due?

Daisy
  • Options
    Hi Becca
    Imogen Lee sounds nice together, I,m calling my baby if its a boy Rocco or a girl i like Unity or Jaz Elle, everyones just telling me they sound stupid but i really like em x Sally
  • Options
    Hi Sally

There is nothing wrong with your name choices, dont worry what others think after a couple of weeks they will be used to whatever name u choose.
    Becca
  • Options
    :\) hi all, my partner likes the name Chloe the thing is i had an enemy at school with that name so thats a definate no no lol, at the moment we call my tummy Cj which stands for Chris-junior and Claire-junior id rather that than keep sayin It, i like the name ellie, no boys names thought of yet image
  • Options
    hia
    weve already decided on our names its milan for a girl or kairo for a boy plus 2 middle names each our baby is a medley of different backgrounds so we wanted something different, i agree doesnt matter if no one eles likes the name but i always think its good to be able to shorten the name down to a nickname.
  • Options
    hi becca,

you dont have to think really hard for a middle name you could name him/her after someone or something my middle name is andrea after my mum my brother is brian after my dad my other brothers middle name is after his grandad and so on....
    you could have a place that you and your parnter have been to or something that you share. Its just a nice way of remembering old relatives or abit of history that you could tell your baby when its older.....
    I havent decided on a middle name yet but im having a girl and i think im going to call her either Alicia or Emily.....
    Just take your time and think about it.

lou
  • Options
    Are there any family names that you could use as a middle name or perhaps go for something like Imogen Lucy perhaps a traditional name? Sorry to sound boring but you have got to think that they will have to live with this name for the rest of their life.
  • Options
    We have already decided on names. Kai Owen Lee for a boy and Jai for a girl. We are still arguing over middle names for a girl.
  • Options
    Hi

We have decided on Tegan for a girl and Jake for a boy, with no middle names at the minute.

Jo
  • Options
    hi everyone,

its so hard thinkin of names isn't it cos u have to think of what it will be shortened to and if it will suit every age etc.

I quite like tegan or macey for a girl and vinnie or buddie for a boy, everyone laughs at them but i still like them!

love,
    kate n bump
  • Options
    Hi, I am pregnant with my second daughter. When I was pregnant with my first daughter my husband and I found out really hard to find names we both liked. We both liked names that had meaning like hope, grace, faith etc. In the end we decided that we were going to use these as a trend for the babies middle names. So our first daughter is called Madison Hope and our second daughter due in November is going to be called Megan Faith so when we put them both together it means Hope and Faith. At the end of the day you want to feel comfortable with the names you give your child as you want them to have individuality, and maybe be a bit different but you also dont want to give them a strange name. Always compromise if your partner really likes a name which you dont really like you pick first name and he can have his as a second name.
  • Options
    Can anyone think of any good first names to go with the surname Fisher?
  • Options
    ?

[Modified by: selina on June 27, 2006 02:51 PM]
  • Options
    Boys or girls names or both???

?

[Modified by: selina on June 27, 2006 02:51 PM]
  • Options
    Either. i wasnt able to find out the sex at my scan because the baby was in the wrong position so im preparing names for either

[Modified by: selina on June 27, 2006 03:06 PM]
  • Options
    You have got me thinking, but I just keep thinking of lots, Fisher is quite an easy surname to play with. I had trouble at first finding names for my 1st daughter but then just out of the blue i would just hear different names and think ahh they are nice. Once you hear a name you like you normally end up keeping it. I like Harrison for a boy though and then shortnend to Harry.

Either. i wasnt able to find out the sex at my scan because the baby was in the wrong position so im preparing names for either

[Modified by: selina on June 27, 2006 03:06 PM]
  • Options
    Your right there are lots its just i can't seem to find the perfect name. oh well i guess i still have 3 months to think of 1.
  • Options

i went through all the books hundreds of times, i found it hard because i didnt want a name that was too common but i also didnt want a name that was so different that they would get bullied at school or something. You may not even find the right name until you actually get to meet them.

Your right there are lots its just i can't seem to find the perfect name. oh well i guess i still have 3 months to think of 1.