Forum home Pregnancy Baby names

Boys names- AGAIN!!!

Hi everyone, i know this has been mentioned a few times but im really stuck for boys names!!! I noticed one of you had mentioned the name Theo (sorry cant remember who!) which i like but it doesnt really go with the surname. I want something thats not too modern but not too common either! Why is it so hard to pick names for boys?
What does everybody think of Reuben? Not sure if it sounds too posh! My OH wont even think about it til he sees what he looks like so im starting to get a bit annoyed with him now!
Any help greatly appreciated x

Replies

• Hi Sarah, i know how you feel about choosing names. Its my baby that is Theo. Reuben is a really nice name, i don't think it sounds too posh, its unusual but not too ott. x
  • Hi Sarah, i know how you feel about choosing names. Its my baby that is Theo. Reuben is a really nice name, i don't think it sounds too posh, its unusual but not too ott. x
  • Hi Sarah, I'm the other way around. I have loads of boys names, but am struggling for girls!!
    Here are some suggestions for you... bearing in mind I don't know your surname or anything.
    Samuel, Caleb, Joshua, Jacob, Dane, Cole, Ashley, Aidan, Finlay... hopefully one of those may suit?!
  • hi sarah, i think boys names are so hard to pick, my oh picked name for our son cavan, i liked caelan, are they any use. good luck:\?
  • I'm considering Joshua if mines blue
  • I'm 8 days over and me and hubby don't have a name for a boy or girl. :\)
  • I love Yan/Yanic but dh wont have it. Does Leo go better with your surname? good luck, we still havent decided and 2.5 weeks to go x
  • Hi sarah,my little boy is called Liam Thomas.Other boys names i liked were.......Logan,Blair,Blaine,Owen,Dale.hope this helps.Gayle xx
  • my step-sons are joshua and connor and if i was having a boy i would have chosen ethan, ewan, charlie or joel xx
  • Im having the same problem with boys names- Tyler is quite nice, or Kye and I like Jay for a boy too but its my brothers name so cant use that one!!My partner like s the name Ashton ( I think because he likes Bristol city and they play at Ashton gate!!)
    so im not too sure!!! I said we could use it as a middle name! Why is it so hard to choose a name????????????
  • Oooo I also like Ethan image Good choice Claire! x
  • Yeah, Ethan is a cool bloke's name so is Harrison and they're adults longer than they're babies. How about Ellis? My friend wanted to call her son that but her surname is Ellis! Still not as bad as my friend's teenage daughter wanting to call her baby Jack. The baby's surname was Russell!! image And my 1st boyfriend swore his mate at Primary school was called Dwayne Pipe which is practically child cruelty! :lol:
  • thanks ladies, there are some good suggestions there. I think OH now quite likes Reuben cos he keeps sing that Rooby Rooby song!! Already asked if we can call a girl Ruby (he doesnt know we're having a boy!!).
    Loopylass- i cant believe anybody would be so cruel as to call their child Jack Russell or Dwayne Pipe!!
    Although, a boy in my year at school was called Ewan Carr. Forever taunted for being 'you Wan**r'!!!!!!!
  • Ellis is another gorgeous name as is Elise for a girl (i like this cos my name is claire elise and my daughter is ashlea elise!!) LOL!! Sod naming your kids after their grandparents - name them after yourself!!!! LOL!
  • I was at college with a boy called Paul Wall, and I knew both a Mike Hunt and Issac Hunt. My bro-in-law is called Richard Hare and when he was in the RAF he was known as Dick Hare. Some people just don't think do they?? I have always found boys names tough. I have 2 nephews names Ellis and Tristan, but not keen on either of those. My son is Samuel James but not sure what I'd pick if this one turns out male!!
  • We could only agree on one boy's name first time round so he's called Bradley - normal but not too common, we couldn't find anything anyone could say to take the mickey out of it so stuck with it x
  • funky - if u have another son, why not call him james samuel? it's quirky and u like the names already.....LOL @ issac hunt!!!
  • funky - if u have another son, why not call him james samuel? it's quirky and u like the names already.....LOL @ issac hunt!!!

Hey Claire - thats almost what i'm calling mine if its a boy.... not Issac Hunt obviously, but Samuel James.

I went to school with a wait for it....................

Annette Curtain!!! lol

Can't believe some parents - they are either really cruel, or just plain stupid!! It helps because I have two teenage step boys and everyname I have come up with they have either taken the mick out of like they would do at school (so I know not to choose those), or have quite liked the suggestions!!
  • My little boy has got the best name on the world (of course I think that coz I gave it to him, well his dad but I had to agree it.) His name is Dexter Edward Andrew, and no our last name doesn't start with a 'd'. Everyone has said Dexter is unusual but not weird which I think is a compliment and his mioddle names are the nods to family members. My mum couldn't stand it at first but it is now him, as any name u choose will be. What's the worst he's gonna get, Sexy Dexy, bring it on.
  • Cool name! There's nothing that rhymes is there (apart from sexy of course). He's so cute!!!