Forum home› Pregnancy› Baby names
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

o/t - Name advice

I really like the name Isla, and our other little girl is Erin. We have no Irish origins do you think its a bit too irish sounding together Erin and Isla ?? considering their are no irish roots, does that make sense??

Mez.... 35/40

Replies

• Options
    I like the name Isla, I think Erin and Isla sound good together.
  • Options
    I love them both and think they sound great together. I wouldn't hear their names and think "Irish" - it's only because you asked the question that it even crossed my mind.
  • Options
    I agree with PTB, both pretty names and sound nice together - I thought Isla was Scottish so I definitely don't think 'Irish'. I love Welsh names, as in in just so happens that a lot of the names I like are Welsh, and I did wonder the same thing, as we're not Welsh, but in the end I just decided go for what you like.
  • Options
    It is Scottish lol, they just told me on pregnancy forum it was scottish - doh i'm soo blonde sometimes !! Well it least that clears that up lol. Just need to convince oh now as he wants to call the baby belle which i loved until a friend pointed out the initials would be B.J. so i said no way but he was like you are being over sensitive, but surely you cannot give a child the initials BJ !!!
  • Options
    LOVE IT!!!! its on my short list if we ever have another girl! erin and isla sound gorgeous together! oh and i think u should take them up on the offer of one born every minute :lol: xxx
  • Options
    omg can you imagine being on there I love the programe but seriously how would i go back to work or see anyone after giving birth on the tele lol !! I think the ladies on there are mad !!
  • Options
    ha ha, i know what u mean, i would love to be able to be on the programme but i would never in a million yrs do it! :lol:

me and K went to a party for one of our friends lo's and there was a lady there who was on the show and all we kept doin was talking about her and were unable to look her in the eye :lol:

hope ur doing ok hun. xxx

• Options
    I think they are both gorgeous names and sound lovely together! I do like Belle as well but not if the initials are BJ!

Ooh have you been offered the chance to go on one born every minute?! Have to say I'd hate to see what I look like during labour :lol:
  • Options
    Those names sound lovely together.
    Definately no BJ initials though.. to quote my friend 'I can hear the sound of heads being flushed down the toilet already'.

Having said that - if you are keen on belle could you go with annabelle or isabelle and shorten it? Still prefer Erin and Isla together though - think they sound better together being both short names
  • Options
    I have a friend who is a primary school teacher and the initials BJ are a big no... kids pick up on that even at that young age (unbelievably!)

Love Isla and Erin tho xx
  • Options
    My dd's name is Isla and I was going to say that its Scottish not Irish - short for the island of Islay. We used to live in NI and for some reason people just assume its Irish :roll:

So yeah, I'm biased - it's a beautiful name and my lady gets compliments all the time on her name!