Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby bedding?

I'm sorting through some of my blankets and need to get some new ones.  But which are best?  The cellular ones or fleece?  Cotton sheets or flannelette?  There are so many to chhose from.  Baby is due early Jan.  When Jake was a baby, he became sweaty so don't want to over do it.  When he was a little bigger i used the sleeping bags.  What age do they start from?  Gosh, I can't remember anything!!!! xxx

Replies

• I used a sleeping bag with Cameron when he was a couple of months old, think they may start from newborn.  

I prefer the cellular blankets and jersey fitted sheets for the cot, i think we've also got some flanelette ones which are nice and cosy!

• I've got two jojo newborn bags that im about to sell they are lovely really small I think they go up to around 3months. I used them from a few weeks old. Otherwise the cotton cellular blankets I prefered to fleece and cotton jersey sheets.
  •  I've used a sleeping bag with Ciaran from about 10 weeks along with jersey sheets,  he had a cotton blanket to start with but started kicking it off.  I think there's a minimum weight for some bags of 7 1/2 lb.

I now use a fleece blanket as Ciaran loves holding it against his cheek while he naps during the day.  

• The MW and HV's don't advise using a sleeping bag until babies are 6 months old. I, however, as usual did my own thing and out Bronwyn in them from about 6 weeks old! She was obviously bigger than most babies and so we had no chance of her slipping into it. I will be using them again this time!

I also have a set of mothercare blankets which has a cotton sheet, cellular blanket and fleece blanket. She used to kick these off and end up cold so I found the sleeping bag the best option!

• I think they were about £20-25each, they are immaculate I can send you photos was thinking around £15 delivered. Have loads of sleeping bags all shapes and sizes. Time to clear the baby stuff as Terry says. If I ever have another one it will be his fault he will have to buy all new!! Im selling my crib, my baby bjorn carrier all stuff which I was keeping 'just in case' image

• Are the things that you are selling in neutral colours or all blues??

You should show some photos as some of us could be interested!!

• the newborn sleeping bags are cream. The other bags are boys ones. Loads of clothes newborn for winter baby boys!! Lovely snowsuit from m&s like new and some next things. I can take pics and post the link on here when i get a minute. Been so busy with the boys off on hols. Driving me nuts!! I haven't even got time to come on here!
  • I will do hun. The things are sell are only things i would by myself, so be assured they are like new. The sleeping bags are lovely for newborns I would really recommend. I will do a good sort out this week and take some photos of all newborn and 0-3 stuff xxx
  • i know a online boys bedding store named theboysdepot.com , they have also superb collection of baby boy bedding and baby gifts for boys. check their website too for interesting collection if you are looking funky bedding for you baby boys.
  • This website does the most adorable bedding and stickers for children's bedrooms! I bought some sheets for my daughter and I'm wishing they did them in adult sizes! 

http://quickbrownfoxofdulwich.co.uk/