Forum home Babies Baby

Best re-usable nappies?

Hi ladies, looking for advice please.

I used 'terry' nappies with both my kiddies, the youngest of which is now 5 1/2 and so obviously there are lots more choices now on reusables and I feel spoilt for choice and a little confused lol.

When I had my first 9 years ago there wasn't nearly as much choice and I used the old square nappies, which I kept and used for my second.

so now I'm starting again and wondered if anyone could recommend any?

Thanks

Replies

• I have got some of the Bumgenius version 3 and the Close Parent Dream-Dri Pop-In and the Bumgenius are my favourite. They are one-size (from birth to potty) and fasten with velcro so they're just like a disposable to put on. They consist of a waterproof outer part that's covered in a soft fabric and then the absorbent part is stuffed inside, so you can tumble dry that part if necessary. THe outer parts dry really fast so although you can tumble dry them too, I don't find it necessary. I also use fleece liners which are brilliant for keeping poo off baby's bum. I don't know how they work, but they really do!

There is a website (possibly www.thenappylady.co.uk ???) where you can email your requirements and they will give you advice on what to buy. I didn't follow their recommendations but I did find their advice about choosing a pocket nappy (which the Bumgenius version 3 is) really useful. If you go on to the website there is loads of information on there about the different types of nappy and there is no sales pitch or hard sell if you send off the form for advice.

I am really pleased with my Bumgenius nappies. I bought them from www.babipur.co.uk as they were a good price on there at the time.
  • Netmums have a review site on loads of different nappies.

Hope it helps http://www.mumsnet.com/Reviews/ReusableNappies

As already suggested thenappylady is also a good site, as she does a recommendation tailored to your requirements.
  • Netmums have a review site on loads of different nappies.

Hope it helps http://www.mumsnet.com/Reviews/ReusableNappies

As already suggested thenappylady is also a good site, as she does a recommendation tailored to your requirements.
  • just wanted to say thanks for the mumsnet link - so helpful! xx