Forum home Babies Baby

Which nappy creams for nappy rash?

Dear Readers - we'd like to put some reviews in the magazine of nappy rash creams. If your baby has had nappy rash and you've found a great cream we would love you to let us know. Please email karen.heath@magicalia.com.

Replies

• Metanuim all the way!!!! my daughter has suffered with nappy rash since the start and i could not be without a tube of this in the house,my hv prescribes it for me
  • Couldn't agree more.We've recently had awful nappy rash with both our youngest,and metanium clears it up quickly every time.It's quite expensive but you only need a little each time.Sudocrem's good for day to day,but if they have a rash we use the metanium
  • oooh we use a fantastic one begining with m... cant think of the name and it is in the kids room, ill hae to tell you the name tomoro, but its a miracle worker jack had such a bad rash that developed over night it bles, i used this cream once and he was just slightly pink at next change then it dissapeared after only two applications! image
  • argh my stupid pc!! i didnt get the other posts come up its metanium!!! its amazing stuff!
  • I have to agree with Jen. It stinks but works so quick and our girls would calm down straight away so obv soothes aswell
  • id say bepantham, and u can get as many of the free sample tubes as u want, is fab when its bad or just sudacrem, i think thats a life saver for anything even bumps n scratches! when my youngest was little, she has the worse sensitive skin n suffers with excema, certain nappy brands would bring her out in a rash and shed scream the house down poor mite so id just cover her in sudacrem n within a few hrs between changes it wud of gotten suprisingly better, id swear by it, i never not have a tub in in case of playgroud scuffs...its mummys special cream image
  • i'd have to agree with metanium, was recommended to me by the pharmacist on the paediatric ward in our local hospital.. works like magic image
  • Thanks Ladies - it seems Metanium really does seem to be the most popular and I've seen it work - lightning quick - myself.  I appreciate all your help with this.
  • Hi - Trialled this amazing aussie ointment on my little fella - Paw Paw ointment. Available online and it is mega fabbio. All natural and clears up overnight.
  • Bepantham...Definatley.
    Maxd had really bad nappy rash last week after having Diorreah for 8 days. Sudocrem made it worse, Neals Yard baby barrier made no difference and luckily we had bepathan in the house as my other half has just got a tattoo (its recommended by all the tattoo websites as a moisturiser!!)His nappy rash was so bad after ever poo I had to put him in the bath instead of wiping his bottom. i put it on and by the next nappy change the red sores had died down and he wasnt anywhere near as sore.

I have also heard that Paw Paw is brilliant
  • Bepanthem is really good but expensive.
  • I agree Bepantham is the best!!!! My son had really bad nappy rash after being on antibiotics and after a day it had started to clear up, but I also agree its expensive!!!!
  • Sudocrem-if used regularly, it avoids future nappy rash too.just use once a day and it works like a little miracle!
  • Nappy Salve by Purepotions is a great product. i use it on my little girl all the time. she's one happy baby x  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX7edXT0FLc

• Mama Nature's Tiny Troubles intensive healing salve and coconut baby oil were fantastic for my baby daughter. Better than anything the doctor gave me and much better than creams which seemed to make it worse. I use the salve once a day now and there has been no reoccurence of the rash. It is quite expensive but it is natural and hand made so I think it's well worth the money especially when it comes to your babies health and happiness.