Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

my baby refuses milk! plz help

Hiyaa all

i'm new to this, but i'll love to take part in it as i have many thoughts, problems and stories to share.

i have a 13 month baby who doesn't drink any milk she feels sick at the site of it. i've tried covering it up as  fruit smoothies but she wouldn't have any of it. she also can't stand cheese. so any advice? would be very appreciated  

thanximage  

Replies

• does she like yogurts?

Also you can disguise cheese well in pasta dishes etc and try making lollies! hth x

• Did baby drink formula?Is it a new thing or did she always have a problem with milk.Have you changed her milk?I changed mine onto cow's milk at a year,but had to introduce it an ounce at a time to get them used to the taste.

As Laura said,yogurts.Any kind of milk pudding,custard,rice pudding,on cereal.Cheese sauce,things like that.

Persevere with the milk if you can

• thanx guyz 

yeh i fed her formula milk untill  1 yr, i think i will now  give her cow's milk a lilttle at a time as i filled her beaker and expected her to drink it!

thanx for the milk/cheese disguises will try it soon

• my ds is still on formular at 23mnths and he wont touch cows milk, if your desperate you could always pop a scoop of nesquick in, it was in the news that falvoured milk is better than no milk x
  • you can get that growing up formula milk as well cant you i think by aptamil?i know milk is important and that but i struggled with harvey from 6mths getting his milk down him!he hardly had any!i just gave him loads of youguhrts and angel delight like laura said put it in pasta sauces i used to make sauces for his fish with it!harvey now wont have flavoured milk even!when i took him to the hvisitor at 14mths i told them the only source of milk he was getting is in food they said it was fine and that as long as he gets some sort of milk in whatever form he'll be fine!i used to get way to upset about giving him milk but now i dont worry.he's growing and hes on multi vits!
  • im also having trouble gettin my 8 mth old to drink anything-she refuses water,juice and only drinks half her formula-my hv says she shud be havin 20flouzs but i think she s only havin 12 as she has 3 bottles a day-
  • milk wise harvey had the same at that age onkly 3 bottles sometimes only 2!!about 10-12 oz altogether.he was drinking well below what he should be.but he did drink juice tho??x
  • even in alll the hot weather she bats it away-ive tried a cup, bottle,and plastic beaker she doesnt want it-i end up squirting it into her mouth im that desperate to get some for her
  • Try leaving a longer gap between meals and milk,I've sometimes found that helps.When Matilda was smaller I gave the milk mid morning instead of with breakfast,I also tried milk early morning breakfast later.We did have trouble getting enough in once the solids start.The bedtime bottle was a couple of hours after tea,so there was a bit more room in her tummy.

If you want to change their formula to milk,try changing 1 ounce of an 8 ounce bottle of formula,so  say 7oz of formula to 1 oz of cows,and change one more ounce each day.They generally don't notice the change that way  cos it's only a slight change in taste.

Once they're eating 3 meals a day,most of mine have had just the one bottle in the morning ,one at night.They all still have a cup of milk with breakfast,and one with tea.If they have a couple of ounces on cereal,a couple in a yogurt or pudding,maybe some cheese,I would think 12oz would be plenty for the rest of the pint,wouldn't it?

Milk's always a worry,I'm lucky mine all drink it well.

• jack has cow and gate 1yr plus growing up milk, alot more iron than cows milk! aptamil does a follow on too!
  • i forgot about milk in food-i do put it on her cereal and she hs puddings so she l be gettin more than i think-to be honest i m more worried that she wont take water
  • lola started refusing water, she now only takes it from a cup with no lid i have to help, so easy, not!
  • All of mine refused water.I gave them the same squash the other kids had,from about 7-8 months.I have a couple of little 4oz beakers,just the rightsize for little hands,and just let them play.It takes a bit of practice learning to use the cupcos it flows faster,but I didn't want to put the squash in a bottle.It was quite messy but they did soon start drinking rather than playing.
  • My daughter is 12months and 3 weeks old.. and she refuses to drink her formula milk since 8days now... i tryed to introduce her to cows milk and she REFUSES it more than her formula milk.. I tryed to change bottle and it doesnt help.. I am doing everything and its not helping her to drink... either she wont drink her morning bottle or night bottle.. she only drinks her afternoon bottle and sometimes she doesnt..

I need help..

• Hi,

Once I weaned my DD off my breast she too refused milk. I'm not a big milk drinker either so she probably gets that from me. I was very worried as you always hear they must drink milk, blah, blah. She still won't drink it but she is happy to have it in her cereal, which ends up being more like soup as this is the only way she'll take it. I also asked my health nurse and she said not to worry she dosen't really need it as long as she is getting calcium from other sources. I was then advised to give her two serves of yoghurt to make up for it. My DD has this after her breakfast and dinner every day and loves it!
    Hope this helps.