Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New Site opinions?

Replies

• is the Webninja still about?
  • tink.. have a look on yayw i think its web site suggestions or similar forum and there are ladies there asking why their usernames have changed ( real names comming up)....in November :x !!!
  • Well why change it??!! I have changed my user name just to make sure but ill have a proper look now and if any of my details are showing i too will leave be!! Sad really as it has been a great asset to me over the years!
  • Like Tink-a-bell - I have changed my name but still showing name I was assigned in born in forum threads I started. What is going on web ninja/ed?? Big breech of privacy!!!!
  • change your user name again and it will come up with what you have currently on all your old posts. Eg. mine started with my full name then i changed it to ppanddiva and then i changed it pumpkin-pie and now it says ppanddiva on my old posts. Not an ideal solution but it should get rid of your name appearing x
  • Looks like we are being ignored!!

Can someone advise, that if you google a username.... will ALL the previous posts on YAYW and BE come up??

Could someone link that to me in anyway? xx
  • What a load of sh!te!

I can't change my user name, when I go to edit my details it says I have changed, but it still shows as the wrong name.

But I am soooooo peed off - I can't log in on my phone. It says I need to install flash (on my mobile, yeah right).

This place was a life line when I had my newborn, getting on here during middle of the night feeds saved my sanity. With number 2 due in 3 months, I will now have to find another bunch of people to annoy image

Anyone know any other sites to use?
  • I don't like the look of it very much, the colours are really hard to read (especially the blue). BE is just part of the corporate machine I expect, had their orders from the US and had to comply. User feedback counts for nothing.
  • It's being a pain with my password now image it keeps telling me it doesn't match?!? I've used it already.

Dear ninja, I do not appreciate my name being changed without my prior permission, seems I'm not the only one, I feel abused and violated, I signed up to your site's in good faith and I feel upset that this has been abused. I do no longer go on you and your wedding, I am married an have been for a year and a half, I do NOT wish to be logged in on there at the same time as I am logged in here.
  • Ive sorted the password issue
  • The rest of the site isn't great either. When you click on the weaning drop down in baby, it brings up one article about Christmas dinner and the rest is about bottle feeding. Grand.
  • Hmm

I guess their will be bugs for a few days, I'll accept the changes, everything changes and we'll most likely get used to it in a few weeks but I'm REALLY not impressed about the privacy issues, especcially for those who want to remain annonymous!! Grr
  • Half my threads are under the name i've changed to and half under the name I was assigned!!!! :x
  • Half my threads are under the name i've changed to and half under the name I was assigned!!!! :x
  • The first thing I noticed is the colour of the text of the posts... light blue?! Really difficult to see!

Quite like the other features though!
  • hmm... not too sure what I make of it just yet, not liking that when I tried to change my username back to what it was originally, it was already taken.... hmph.

The text is coming up black for me unlike some of you who seem to be seeing light blue?? The text of the posts is bloody TINY though.

I'm sure I will get used to the layout, but it'll take a while to work out who everybody is which is sad image it may sound really rediculous to you wedbed guys, but us girls mostly only know each other via a username, and so they're personal to us and have a bit of meaning behind them if that makes sense. nevermind.

have not tried logging on on my mobile yet but will be gutted if it won't allow me on, as like somebody else it's a godsend during nightfeeds!!
  • Haven't read the other posts but it's no likey no lightey for me I'm afraid, the colours are stupid and difficult to read and I'm not impressed with this whole username privacy thing :roll:
  • i havent read all the post as i am already bored of the winging and i only got to page 3!

i acctually like it, love the signiture box and the quick reply, the layout isnt as smooth but i am surei''l get use to it

not all the forums are availiable on the forum jump ie due in july but theres bound to be hitches as with every new implimentation,

i am surprised how many people are complaining about privicy on an open forum surely everyone is aware by now that using you real name and or details is not very clever? just me???
  • I actually don't mind change, things have to change in order to progress.

But I am finding the site really slow compared to how it was and this alone is putting me off from spending as much time as I used to.

For us mums time is precious and at the speed it's going, I wouldn't be able to cover half as much as I was before so I'll probably be going elsewhere for my forum fix xx
  • no piggypops, not stupid enough to use my full name as a screen name for this forum... but the web monkeys in their wisdom decided to change my screen name here and on yayw to my full name today. it was my username, but only used to log in and it was therefore completely private, as is the rest of my profile.

if you google my full name now.all my posts from yayw come up!!!!!!

that't why people are annoyed