Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New Site opinions?

Replies

• Options
    It works, that's all I'm bothered about, I can still get info and advice, doesn't matter that it won't win any design awards! lol
  • Options
    i still dont understand why you would even do that? nothing published on the interent is private, login name or whatever
  • Options
    any chance you could have a sticky on the intro page with everyones old-new usernames please??
  • Options
    It is not about privacy piggypops it is animinity. My user name means I am anonimous but the idiots changed lots of us to our full names and in some cases added DOB's on the end this means we are readily identifiable from our posts. I deliberately chose a name I could 't be identified from as a LTTTC'r and having suffered a mc my family don't know about. I have a sister, SIL and BIL all of which have kids my babies age and could be members. I want to be able to talk frankly on here and get honest opinions not worry about whether I will upset some member of the family I did not even realise was a member or have people I work with knowing this stuff. We all know it is a public forum that doesn't mean we want the world and his wife to know who we are posting on it x
  • Options
    And a nice efficient double post with a technical message, thought this was being sorted by this new all singing all dancing forum!
  • Options
    If you want to be anonymous I don't know why so many of you would put private information on your profile anyway? You don't have to put your full name (or real name) or DOB, or childrens details, even if something was just your login name, doesn't mean it's a 100% secure. If you wouldn't be happy with a stranger reading details you entered when you signed up you shouldn't put them up in the first place! The internet is not that safe a place for your personal and private info!
  • Options
    ffs, don;t know why im still explaining this but here it is.... i use my email to log in... it has my name in it.... i don't use my real name to post here... web monkeys changed my screen name without asking or telling me.

my profile is private, my fb is private, i don't meet anyone on here or make "friends" with strangers on here. I prefer to be anonymous. i honeslty didn't think using my email just as a log in would ever create this problem.

you've made your point piggypops, there are a lot of annoyed people on her tonight, and rightly so in my opinion.
  • Options
    we're also not talking about hackers getting your info, we're talking about a wesite changing usernames without any warning at all. had they warned us that this may happen i would have left the site, as i only have 1 email address. the only info i had on this site was my email and that i have 1 child, and even then that info is private and only i can see it.

im tired and grumpy, im off to bed.

good night.
  • Options
    I don't like it so far. It's not very nice to look to look at but I suppose I'll get used to that, if I keep coming back.

I agree with the ladies who are fuming about their real names being used, it's out of order - whatever the login email is should not be publicised on the site!

I had an email saying 'uk' would be added to my username, then it said my old username was my real name, but my new username was my screen name plus uk! I guess I should check what's actually coming up.

Plus I just checked YAYW and I'm logged in there too, with this username, which I never used over there (actually don't think I ever posted) - I was never told about any YAYW changes or that this change was linking to YAYW - I want to cancel my YAYW account!
  • Options
    Hi there,

When you change your username, it may take a few minutes for the cache's to clear and for you to see the new username across the site.

different pages have different cache times (between 1 and 30 minutes)
  • Options
    Well, effinghell, I'm afraid there's your first mistake, if you don't want your name known to people, you shouldn't use it as an email addy, or set up an email that doesn't have your name in it to use on public sites, as it is very easy to get information off of most forums if you know how.

It appears as though these kind of changes show up just how unsecure these sites really are with info, and people can be too trusting and too honest on the internet!

Womder how many days all the whinging about the new site will go on for?! lol
  • Options
    Yep I'm with tink. When you sign up to a forum you don't think, hmm I will make up an obscure name and email address just in case they decide to make things public. It's a public forum, yes, but its a massive breach of confidentiality.

Take sohappy....her baby and husband died a few months back. So what has BE done? They've put her YAYW name on and picture of her in a wedding dress as her avatar. If she sees that how hard will it be?

When we signed up to BE we trusted confidentiality, it has been badly breached. I wonder how many members will go.
  • Options
    i also dont see why i should be logged into y&yw (i checked after other girls said) when i have been married for over 2 years and not used that in yonks - why would i want to now. i also want my y&yw account cancelled.
  • Options
    Phoenix - that's made me feel sick actually. The response will be the same as with dylansmummy - BE will claim ignorance.
  • Options
    sucks
  • Options
    I haven't had chance to look through the site fully but can TOTALLY understand why people are annoyed their usernames have been changed to their real names. I too log in using my email address and it would never have occurred to me to set up an email address without my name in it just for that purpose! I joined this site nearly 3 years ago before I was married so the email address is still in my maiden name but I still would never want it published for the world to see as my surname isn't that common! Very bad mistake on behalf of BE, going to go and see if I'm logged into Y&YW now too! x
  • Options
    Dare i say it... I think I quite like the new layout image
  • Options
    BWB the new layout etc is growing on me a bit...I like the thread subscriptions! But I still want my page numbers under thread title back!!!
  • Options
    Ahhhh, I get it now. I was trying to work out why some people had been changed and others hadn't - mine hasn't on BE or YAYW. Now I realise it's because I use Gemmiebaby for everything, my login, my user details etc and for both BE and YAYW so there wasnt anything to change it to, apart from adding UK on the end, which obviously wasnt needed as my name isn't duplicated anywhere. I do that so I dont need to panic about deleting anything if I leave a site, such as I did YAYW a year or so ago, as you can only find me if you know my name is Gemmiebaby.

I dont mind the new site. I dont know if its just me but I can't choose a forum from the front page anymore, but have to go to the forum index first. That's a little annoying, but not life threatening! Or, I might just be missing something.

I do agree about Dylansmummy and sohappy though. If possible, these should be changed back to how they were, by BE, as a sign of respect.

Oh, and I have black writing - dont know why some of you have blue??
  • Options
    Just want to see what my name appears as