Forum home Babies Baby

New Site opinions?

123457»

Replies

• yey tronski! xx
  • like i said in toddler - im not fussed tbh. lol. My name is the same though so i suppose Im a bit luckier. I dont mind the new layout, i'm sure i'll get used to it. Glad those damn adds have gone and the signature thing is good too plus a personal inbox. I do think they should sort out the sohappy/dylansmummy names though, out of respect. xx
  • For all of you that are fed up, BE have breached data protection. I have found the relevant website, Lily has called them this is what you need to do, copied from Website suggestions

http://www.ico.gov.uk/complaints/data_protection.aspx

I'm so glad I'm not alone in thinking this is disgusting. I think anyone who has been affected should follow this up. Socks has provided a great link to ICO.gov. I've spoken to a really helpful lady there and she said we should do the following:

1) Send a written letter of complaint, referring to 'Principle 7 of the Data Protection Act' (which they have violated).

2) Go to the 'Complaints' section of the ICO website (on the left hand side of the page) and fill out a data protection complaint form.

3) Email ICO with a copy of the original complaint letter.

4) Contact The National Magazines Company and request that they delete your account and all your posts (if you are worried about your security - which I am!) Also ask them to contact Google, if necessary, and request that details on their sites which reference your name are also deleted.

The ICO will investigate any complaints. It is a long process apparently, but if they are found to be in serious breach action will be taken against them.

With regret, I'm closing down all communications with this site. But I will be logging on to Fertility Friends (same username) and hope to see old 'faces' over there. I hope you all do the same.

For the LTTTCers, all the best with your journeys - may the difficulties we face with IF be as short-lived as possible and may they all have VERY happy endings. Lots of love, Lilly. x
  • I like the change=p
  • It has the RSS now, so is constantly updating. Means it takes absolutely ages to load on my mobile! xx
  • What is rss? I have a little symbol thing with it??
  • When I registered with the site back in 07 I HAD to put my DOB in it, I HAD to put my address into the form - when I wanted my counter thingy (which they removed last year) I had to put my childresn DOBs into it, but was ASSURED when they removed it that it would never be made public (I know the counter was, but was assured when it went so did the info and it never appeared on my profile back then) I removed all photos from here months and months ago

I am now stuck with my name as my username as they have also changed my password!!!!! They claim it is the one I used to use for YYW, but considering the two passwords were the same it clearly isnt!!!!

I can't get rid of the photo of my lo even though there were none on YYW or BE left! So they have held onto my photos and info somewhere along the line, which is plain WRONG.

if the names had to be changed why not just put UK at the end of them all in the first place? Then no annonymity breaches.....
  • testing my name x
  • You know how some people are logged into YAYW while being on here???

well, apparently, im logged into YAYW, Harpers bizzare, Company, and handbag (the links down below) and i havent signed up!!

Ive never been on them sites before!

how the hell does that work??
  • not only that but if you have a photo on here (of your chosing or not) then go into the forums on those other sites your photo is on there too.

Very BAD Form! An ever bigger breach of protection especially if you haven't signed up to those other sites!!!!
  • Don't like it!
  • they layout doesn't bother me one bit.. the other stuff... well don't get me started. asked for my account to be cancelled 3 times.... no reply at all. wankers.
  • they layout doesn't bother me one bit.. the other stuff... well don't get me started. asked for my account to be cancelled 3 times.... no reply at all. wankers.
  • Re the appearing on the other sites its because they are all linked now

http://www.slideshare.net/abramley/hearst-network

That pissed me off as i dont want to be on any of them nnor do i see why i should be linked to them at all (y&yw was bad enough i dont want linked to that anymore either as i dont see the point!)no one was informed this would happen and i think we should have been made aware of it and notified and given the option to join them. i dont plan to use/post on them but thats not the point they have signed us up using our details with no consent.

i think the new site is rubbish as i said but that peed me off and if i had had my privacy violated i would be even more annoyed.

i dont intend to post now im just doing my nosey and seeing what everyone else thinks lol but the new site gives me a sore head after 5mins image i think its a shame they have peed so many people off and lost a lot of regular users...it appears to all be down to money and not any respect for the users.

Basically BE have arsed up big time

Lx
  • Interestingly, whey you read the Terms and Conditions to join the site, it doesn't say that you're profile will be open to all Hearst Digital Media sites until you actually log in. That's when you find out you're on all of them.
  • webninja, i am throughly unimpressed, i have post that have disappeared, i have been signed up to yayw which there is no point in as i'm not engaged or anything and therefore do not want to be sign up to! and also i wont be able to use BE anymore other than when OH is out as i use my ipad and am now unable to log in as ipads/phones do not support java.

p.s. the new layout sucks!