Forum home Babies Baby

Join me in the boycott

2»

Replies

• unfortunatly i dont have the willpower to not post :lol: but i do think it was extremely disrespectful to change emily's user name and be need to do something about that!!!
  • Definitely boycotting BE from now. I agree - people have to give their email and details when they sign up. Data Protection Act ensures that these personal details are kept safe and private. This means that you should not expect these details to suddenly be used as your 'username' in place of your anonymous one. That's the whole point of this forum - that we can discuss personal and sensitive issues without risking our anonymity being violated. They are in the wrong.

Thanks for this. x
  • i wont boycott as i love the other side of things like you fabulous ladies - however - i thik someof the things they have done could be damaging to some. My life is an open book so if people relaly want to know about my amounts of cervical mucus then its up to them! I am just disappointed about dylansmummy and sohappy names being changed.
  • to be honest there is always one person who finds fault and problems with something new, i am sorry they have your real name but it must have been put on by you in first place, i won't be leaving i have mates on here and won't be leaving just because the new layout is not to everyone liking?
  • Agree with newbride!
  • couldn't care less about the layout personally, and i won't be leaving because of that. im trying to leave this and yayw btw.... 3 requests... nothing.... asswholes
  • Please, will you read the posts properly before getting on your high horses about the stupidity of posting confidential information on a public forum.

We didn't. We merely used our names or email addresses as our login details - this is required. For whatever reason in some cases these are appearing as our site profiles in place of our online nicknames. THIS is what the problem is - it's not just a bunch of hormonal women getting stroppy about a changed layout.

I think mine may have been corrected now (this post will be the tester), but for more than 24 hours my name (maiden as it happens, but still) has been on this forum for all to see, and Google. This is a major breach of privacy (as well as anonymity) as unlike on Facebook we have no control over who sees what here on BE.

Justified outrage, no?
  • completely agree Pink Toothbrush

EmilyB...can you be xEmilyBx???
  • Adding your name on the profile is a required field, I've adapted mine knowing what I know now, it's not like that was ever ment to be displayed and most web sites say that this information is going to be kept private and only your user name will show. So please don't accuse people of being stupid in putting these details on when it tells you you have to.
  • ive just been through BE and YAYW changed any details that may relate to my personal identity in any way.

Imvery upset that BE has gone down hill so much