Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Eastenders

Replies

• Options
    Horrid and sickening to watch.. Apparently midwife suspicious, and Roxy finds out and tells Kat. Sooner storyline passes the better!
  • Options
    I know they need drama but think this is ridiculous how can one person have so much misery?? Kat did keep saying she'd hardly seen her baby but still..... I think its just lazy sensationalist script writing !! And worst parent/grandparent award surely must go to Charlie Slater letting his family down yet again :roll:
  • Options
    I totally agree with everything you ladies have said already, utterly appaling storyline, with no thought for what would actually happen if a mum was in that situation! I don't know a single mum who would go and swap her baby if in that situation.

I can't believe they have actually been allowed to aire such a horrible storyline, what is wrong with the BBC?! And what is wrong with the cast going along with it? there is no way I would have agreed to be involved in the storyline if I was one of the actors, but I guess the difference is us ladies have compassion and a real understanding of SIDS, not just an understanding of making more money! Will be emailing BBC later today to express my disgust and will most certainly never watching EE again, even when the sick storyline has passed!

Sorry for the rant ladies, I just find it really upsetting as a mother with a 6 week old (though I know it doesn't matter how old your baby is, it is still disgusting). I'm lucky enough to never have been through SIDS and can only imagine how hard it must be going through it, but it seems like EE are taking the p*ss out of it!!!

Rant over.

Sam, Harrison & Daniel

xxxxx
  • Options
    I've been a fan of Eastenders all my life, from the days of CurlyWwatts and even before that!

Eastenders used to be easy watching, something you could watch without having to pay a great deal of attention, it was a bit of drama and a bit of fun. But after what must be 20/25 years of watching this I have been watching it less and less. It's just so ridiculously depressing I can't be arsed.

I actually can't think of a non depressing thing thats happened in this bloody soap for years! They've got it so so wrong now and the baby storyline was the nail in the coffin for me. I didn't want to accidentally catch any of it so I haven't watched Eastenders for about 3 weeks now and tbh very much doubt I will ever watch it again. It's a sad moment lol, I need to find a new soap (have been secretly getting in to Corrie :lol: )

They need to sack the writers and have a long hard look at whether the programme is actually "entertaining" anymore, it's not, Walford is just a bermuda triangle now for unlucky people,they never leave!!
  • Options
    curly watts was corrie!
  • Options
    doh, I meant Lofty (he looks like curly watts...) :lol:
  • Options
    I saw on this morning that they're keeping the storyline running 4 as long as they can. Up until one of the actors leave. They hope to keep it going for 10 yrs!! It's mad! I'm stil watching it & think how lucky I am to have a dd but I'm hating a storyline. I was wondering how ud complain about the storyline! Mayb if enough people do they may do spmethng. But suppose best way to complain is by not watching!
  • Options
    Sorry double post. Stupid iPhone
  • Options
    So sorry about this. My iPhone wouldn't work last night. Obviously did in the end!
  • Options
    Sorry!
  • Options
    well i havent watched it since the episode when ronnie had her baby and kat was about to give birth and i normally love ee even if its really depressing lol. have corrie much more entertaining recently,

When corrie did the miscarriage scences last year with becky i thought they were so unrealistic and could have dealt with them better as its something you cant ever understand unless you go through it (i had a mmc 1st time) what happened to me was horrific enough and i cant imagine what it must be like to lose a child and pray im never in such a horrible situation (im currently unable to sleeo and sat staring at my wriggly sleeping baby on the monitor which i keep on as well as the other movement sensor one now she is in her own room) sadly though this is something women go through and i think they could have raised awareness of it in a much better way - they didnt need the whole snatch plot and to say they want to make it 'realistic; is just silly its not!

depite what you had gone through (eg all Ronnies heartache in life) i imagine in that situation your first thought would be to run and scream for help and and i think you would want your own baby back not someone elses just because they were there (and the whole left unatteneded thing how convenient?) im going on what people have said i havent watched it but it doesnt sound convincing and im sure this will upset alot of women who have gone through this by dealing with it in such an insensitive way and implying that going through that makes you some sort of crazy lady baby snatcher....

as for kat you would know its not your baby (i read apparantly she does and people think she is crazy) but wouldnt you be doing everything you could to prove your baby was stolen - going to police etc even if you looked like a deranged looney you wouldnt just sit back its stupid!! i dont know how you can complain about it though and i dont think offcom would bother?

i plan to avoid it for a few months but i also read they plan to drag the storyline out for 2 years to i may not be watching again.

Sorry for the long rant but im glad im not the only one annoyed/boycotting it just now..

Lx
  • Options
    just to add i think the writers (are they new ones?!) have been having a laugh in general recently what with Carol & Connor (yuck!) and the whole Phil/Glenda/Ian love triangle thing (even bigger yuck espec as she is technically his 'auntie) and i also thought the whole Janine/Ryan/Stacey thing went a bit far too - would you really stab yourself because someone was running away with your husband? i know janines a nut job but recently i have been watching and thinking 'get real' nevermind this!!

Lx
  • Options
    I complained this is what i wrote:

'I am disappointed in the way the SIDS storyline is being potrayed. It is a provoking subject which can cause offence easily, so why not deal with it in a sensitive appropriate manor not with a ridiculous baby swapping storyline. You could have really raised awareness here, instead you have sensationalised possibly one of the most devasting things that can happen to a person.'

Underneath are methods I used to complain I urge others to do the same I really hope this storyline ends but after seeing This Morning it looks like its set to stay but if lots of people complain maybe they will listen??

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/tv-and-radio/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/
  • Options
    I did complain to the BBC in sheer hope that they reveal the baby swap storyline. I know it's not real life but it is much too uncomfortable for me to watch!!!
  • Options
    On the radio they were saying "it's just a drama - it's not real" and I just think if that is how the writers of the programme think then more fool them.

It may be a fictional programme but the issue of SIDS is so very real.

And to sensationalize the storyline more by creating the baby-swap is so wrong.

It is disrespectful and so ridiculous.

They should put a stop to it now. Not let it drag on as I fear they may lose a lot of ratings. xx
  • Options
    Did you see on the news this morning that the actress that plays Ronnie has quit EE??? Apparently according to the shows bosses she decided to leave before the storyline came out.... Yeah right!!!
  • Options
    I heard that today.... Good on her.

I hope it ends soon then. Xx
  • Options
    i loathe this plt too, way over the top, why they couldn't just adress sids i don't know, the baby swap thing is ludicrous! i rad on the mail online that ronnie handed her notice in when she got the storyline as she didn't agree with it, she's due to leave in may, so i guess this story is gonna run til around then and then come to a head and that'll prob be her cue to leave ... so unfortunately seems many more months of this tripe first x
  • Options
    I read that it would all be revealed in the next couple of months!!! I am glad that it will be, I couldn't watch it if they were going to keep it going for 10 years like it was suggested on 'this morning'!!! xxx