Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can you get Larger Travel Cots?

Really silly question, but my LO is only 13mths and is already getting a bit big for the travel cot we have - she does wriggle a lot at night and although she sleeps through she always wakes up earlier in the travel cot than her normal one. Sooo I was wondering what you do if they are still too small for a bed (what age do they go in these ?!!!) - can you get bigger travel cots and if so from where ??! Thanks for your help.S X

Replies

• Options
    Have you tried in Argos, they're all different sizes in there. I got one from toys r us which is 110cm long but Argos do one at 128cm long and 71cm wide. If you pop on the website there are quite a few to choose from:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID72/14417593/c_1/1|category_root|Nursery|14417537/c_2/3|15701330|Cots,+nursery+furniture+and+bedding|14417580/c_3/4|cat_14417580|Travel+cots|14417593.htm

or you could try your lo in a toddler bed, one with the sides on?

Xxxxx
  • Options
    I'm bumping this as very keen to hear others experiences (thanks for your info Sammi)

So have now seen some larger travel cots - which incidentally seem longer but narrower ?? but what have people done when their LO is really too big for a standard travel cot but not ready for a bed where they can get out yet ? Std travel cots say only suitable for up to 2 years anyway. I know my LO is only 13 months but with her grow bag on she seems very cramped in our current travel cot and wakes up earlier as she has no room to play etc. Thanks for your help. S X
  • Options
    Ds1 is now 22 months and his travel cot is getting a little small.

I've been looking on Kiddicare, and they have some larger travel cots.

I have found, that since giving ds1 a pillow and duvet, he has stayed put in the night. Not half as much movement.

I started with a pillow for naps, and encouraged him to keep his head on it.

Once he understood the concept of a pillow, we moved onto a duvet for naps.

He seemed to like have it over him.

At the end of a nap, I'd go in and he'd still be laid there!

So we tried it at bedtime and he didn't shuffle half as much through the night.

Having him sleep relatively still now, we find he "fits" in his travel cot still.

HTH xx
  • Options
    DS outgrew his travel cot at just over 2 (tall boy lol!) so we moved him onto a Ready Bed. It's basically a blow up bed in a themed cover with bolstered sides and a headboard and had an attached "quilt" on it. It certainly did the trick and packs away into a storage/carry bag. I would recommend a sleeping bag or additional form of covers as the one on the bag doesn't stretch very far over a sleeping child!!

Xx
  • Options
    Where did you get the Ready Bed from?

Does your LO sleep in a bed normally...?

My ds1 is still in his cot, so I don't know whether a bed would be ok for him? xx
  • Options
    Hiya,

You can get them in Argos or I guess e-bay would have them listed. Our DS was still in a cot at home but slept quite happily in the Ready Bed when we went away (fairly regularly as OH's family live about 300 miles away from us!) We also got one for DD to use in our caravan as making her bed up with the cushions meant she was too close to DS' bunk and bedtimes were a nightmare! She was also in a cot at home but loved her caravan bed. I think because the sides are bolstered it gives them the feeling of security if that makes any kind of sense lol!!

Xx
  • Options
    I've found one in Mothercare (IgglePiggle) and I'm going to order it for family holidays!

Thanks so much, I was going to spend another ??100 on a second travel cot for ds2 to have, but there is no point if ds1 will outgrow his within a few months!

Hoping he gets on with it. Going to visit family soon, so will put it to the test! xx
  • Options
    I've found one in Mothercare (IgglePiggle) and I'm going to order it for family holidays!

Thanks so much, I was going to spend another ??100 on a second travel cot for ds2 to have, but there is no point if ds1 will outgrow his within a few months!

Hoping he gets on with it. Going to visit family soon, so will put it to the test! xx

Thanx sarah!! image
  • Options
    My friends all bought the ready beds, even if their LO wasn't out of their cot and they got on fine with them.