Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

nearly there... need a bit of help...

hi, my due date is the 18th of dec and packing my bag but dont know what to pack for the baby......

how many sleep suits etc... o and they expect me to be in a while.... can anyone help image xx

Replies

• personally i took 6 vests 6 baby grows, i had a planned section so expected a stay, but also i packed a whole new bag at home incase, spare everything!

also a few pairs of mits and booties as one always vanishes and diff size hats, ive had one huge head, one little one lol!

oh and good luck xxxx

• cheers... wat else did i need to pack? x
  • for baby i had what i said above and a coat and blanket, an outfit for going home. Muslins are very usefull too. 1 pack of nappies and wipes. baby moisturiser is often handy, alot of babys have dry hands and feets, boots basics range do a nice one, only around £1. A soother if you wish to use one, the hospital should have a steriliser.

For you comfy clothes/pjs. Your usual smellies etc, dark coloured towels, breast pads whether youre breastfeeding or not, if you are id highly recomend some lansinoh cream its a miracle cure for discomfort, lots of knickers, hair ties, brush,  magazines/book/crossword puzzles, change for phone, mobile phone too as my hospital over looked the odd text aslong as it was kept silent, camera, spare batteries, music/mp3 player maybe.

hope that helps, i was at a total loss what to pack 1st time! xxx

• the first time i packed far too much stuff, for myself as well as the baby. 

As Laura says, have some items packed at home, so as someone can bring them in to you if needed.

i also packed a baby towel to dry my baby after their first bath in hospital. 

My last baby was so big (10lb 3oz) that the babygros i brought into the delivery room didn't even fit him, but they had to do until we got up to the ward.  they just went over his arms and top half of his body, luckily i had brought a seperate 2-piece set for bringing him home. 

• omg that is a huuuge baby!!! how on earth???? i do hope tht mine isnt that big. xxx
  • i just had gas and air with him, but he was my 4th baby. my other 3 weren't as big (thankfully). 
  • my god hats off to you!!!!!! image xx