Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

One born every minute!!

2»

Replies

• Options
    I didn't see it! I just can't watch birthing programmes anymore. They really upset me. I screamed through the transition stage of labour like a mad woman but I literally had no control over it. I remember hearing a woman wailing like a wild animal and then realising it was me! A mw came in from next door to see what the hell was going on. I feel mortified but I couldn't help it. I definately wasn't putting it on but the mw told me yo stop being melodramatic!
  • Options
    Lambchop, don't worry hun. You were to know that he MAY have had something wrong with him. When he first came on the screen he got on my nerves to, but thats because he reminds me of someone I know who I could happily slap in the face image Did feel sorry for him though when his partner asked for her mum instead of him!!

Loved the program, made me even more broody. Can't wait to do it all over again.

The other lady was rather vocal wasn't she!!
  • Options
    i thought i was a screamer till i saw her .. i sat here hoping the midwifes werent laughing at me ! i wasnt that bad though just stubborn and emotional at the end

think it showed quite well how useless our OH feel at the time , must be hard not knowing what to do

also made me want another moonbeam but im the same its too early yet my LO is only 5 months today so giving it another 6 months before thinking of it

loving have the programme , want to watch the water birth one next week as am really thinking about it for the next , half way through my labour my MW said i really should have had a water birth as it would have suited me ..
  • Options
    loving this series already. i had both my girls in that hospital and we live in the same village as ralph, his g/friend and the mum, my mum knows him. he made me cry at the end when i saw him crying, bless him xxx
  • Options
    Sorry Lambchop, I shouldn't have snapped at you.

My husband has no formal diagnosis but exhibits a lot of Aspergers traits and very much agrees that he's probably an Aspie. He's actually very much like Ralph (replace Roman History with outdoor pursuits though) and it has caused frictions where people think he's being rude when he really just is clueless, socially. It breaks my heart that anyone might think my lovely hubby is a 'prick' so I'm probably a bit oversensitive about it!
  • Options
    I must admit, when he started crying I wanted to give him a hug, Bless him!!
  • Options
    Ralph was annoying to start with but then she wasnt actually in labour then, and when she was having contractions he was trying so hard, and i think she was nasty taking her mum and leaving him there. i also think her mum was a bitch for going and making the poor guy miss out on the birth of his son!

the screamer needed a good slap! yes it hurts but not that much!! and that poor baby must have been terrified when its mental mother was screaming after being placed on her chest!
  • Options
    Lambchop- don't worry, I know nothing about Aspergers so it didn't occur to me either. I just thought "young fogey"! Although I did find it refreshing that they showed a teenage couple where the father was still studying and learning, as it seems that all you hear about is the scroungers these days x
  • Options
    I couldn't believe the screamer was still screaming even after she'd had the epidural and said she couldn't feel anything! After DD was born, we could hear a woman screaming like that in the room next door and we had a bit of a giggle about it.