Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weaning Questions (also posted in BIA)

Hi ladies dont usually post in baby but really need some advice

JUst wondered how you guys were getting on with weaning and had a few questions

we have been weaning jake since just under 18 weeks and he is now nearly 24 weeks , he has been on 4 - 5 bottles a day now for a few weeks (7oz bottles - he was on 6 - 7 before weaning ) as I have not been giving him breakfast so that i made sure he got enough bottles till he was six months.

I am now trying to slowly introduce breakfast and up his meal sizes as the HV said i need to start to wean his milk down and can start finger foods etc as he is quite advanced for 24 weeks

i tried porridge yesterday and weetabix today but he wont take them at all , he likes to munch on buttered toast but thats it , any other ideas what i can try or should i leave it for a bit ?

also how big should portion sizes for lunch be and what kinds of things do you give them .. so far we have only used pureed veg with a bit of pureed fruit for dessert. I have used the ellas kitchen sachets whilst out and he likes them

How many bottles are your little ones on ? not sure when he should be dropping to 3 bottles