Forum home Babies Baby

Annabel Karmel books?

2»

Replies

• Oh lord, she sounds like a fountain of knowledge then! I can't comment on her ability to write recipes but weaning is such a difficult and potentially worrying time, the last thing mums need is to think that what they're doing isn't actually giving their baby enough iron! Too much information sometimes blocks out the mummy instinct far too much, hence why I stopped taking ds to the HV to be told he was underweight and needed formula...
  • Sorry to go against the grain here.

My friend lent me an AK book & I found it too arty-farty.

She gets you using ingredients like finely crushed indian goat granules (clearly i'm exaggerating) but daft stuff that is hard to find & is in none of her other recepies so it ends up wasted.

I have been using this book & I can practically to it with my eyes shut - following the pictures to make sure it looks right helps. It's just plain, simple food.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Healthy-Home-made-Food-Babies-Toddlers/dp/1844768740/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296224639&sr=1-3-spell
  • Go it for christmas - though would have bought it anyway, love it! image
  • I have brought it and was delivered yesterday so havent got round to having a look yet xx