Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

I'm on telly - tune in for a laugh!!

Hi girls,

some of you may remember me throughout my pregnancy and remember when I told you I was filming for the new series of the hairy bikers mums know best.

I got my mum on there as we are both avid cooks and she has passed down recipes through the generations.

We are to appear on Thursday 24th Feb at 8pm on BBC 2, doing alfresco dining.. my mum is called Jayne and I'm claire, I was 6 months pregnant but wouldn't believe it as my bump was very neat..

Anyway I hope its not too embarrasing, I think they will make my mum look very bossy as she was in the army and make me look quiet, even though I'm not, I ,literally couldn't get a word in edgeways.

Enjoy and let me know what you think!!

Replies

• I watched this and decided I wanted to rent your Mum!! haha

Those cakes etc looked amazing, she's obviously a very talented woman, you must be so proud! x
  • I saw it too!! How much do you charge to hire your mum out?!!!

Cakes were fabulous and really want to try the orange and semolina cake!!
  • hi there girls, I was 5 and 7 months pregnant when filming, I was very small though and you could hardly tell, my little phoebe rose was 4 weeks early and prem, she only weighted 5lb.. little ting.

I'm sure I cn arrange to hire out my mum, but just to say I am equally as good a cook, thats why I wrote in, mum has handed down generations of recipes and cooking gems, hoe to gut and fillet a fish, how to pluck a pleasant, how to make pastry etc etc, phoebe was christened last weekend and me and mum did all the catering, the table lookd lush!!

Always said wemissed our calling and shoudl have gone into catering, but mum's 60 now and has health problems so would be too much now.

Glad you enjoyed xx