Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My baby monitor picked up another family!

I have a tommee tipee sensor monitor and this morning when I went to turn off the listening part of it (where I listen for baby) I got voices from a different family. I tell you what, it wasn't pretty...The Father was yelling at the toddler telling him how useless his mother is and then he was swearing at the child telling him to 'make the f*cking bed' and after a while I heard him screaming at his wife telling her she's sneaking out and sleeping with other men. All in the background I heard the toddler crying image . It was like sometihng out of jeremy kyle. I recorded some of it on my phone and I'd like to find out where it's coming from because it worried me and saddened me to think that this kind of behaviour goes on in the privacy of someones house image I work in children's services and I'm thinking I might play the recording to one of the family support team managers to see if she recognises the voice and if so, if they can do something about it.

Has this happened to anyone else???

Replies

• My baby monitor is always picking up other people. I often get taxis and other families and music. I hate it.

I have never heard anything like you have though, usually it is only a second or so and then its back to normal. What an awful thing for you to hear. Just your description has made me so sad and worried for that poor wee person :cry:
  • I've got a TT one too and I picked up another family in out close a few weeks back! they only have 2 channels so not unexpected if you live in an area with lots of families I guess. Still - not nice to hear that sort of thing...
  • G/C

What an awful thing to hear. Whats the distance that they can pick up? Its worse because you know its a family you must live near and probably see regularly.
  • Mine picks up police frequencies, it's a tomy one and i randomly hear sirens and police radio through it every now and then when a police car passes!
  • My hubby bought a tramsmitter gadget to send the sky tv signal to the bedroom tv.. On a certain frequency we picked up the video stream of a sleeping baby from someones video baby monitor! Creepy! X
  • oh my god...is it a two way one?? you could have spoken back "do not use language like that in front of your child...you should be ashamed of yourself"

just be careful cause the dad sounds horrible and controlling and it wouldnt be hard for them to work out who dobbed them in
  • Where I used to live I didn't need a monitor to hear my downstairs neighbours screaming and swearing at their kids. It was heartbreaking.
  • at our old flat ours used to pick up our neighbours 'amorous antics'....not usre which neighbours, don't want to know either...first time we heard it thought it was someone down the alley behind us, but nope, it was oming through the montor, and not from outside, couldn't hear it in ds's room, only in our bedroom via the receiver...didn't much like it, but beats what u heard...i'm guessing ti would have to be someone on ur street, or who backs on to you...the dad sounds like a right piece of work...u coud mention it but without names/addresses i don't see what can be done? poor little kid x
  • it's sad to think that this could be happening so close to our house. i thought we lived in a family friendly neighbourhood! I cant believe so many of you have had a similar experience with your monitor. it hasnt happened since but i'm deffo on the look out now.