Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

o/t Dinner party help!

Hi everyone

We're having a couple of friends over at the weekend and we are cooking a meal for them except I have no idea what to cook. Have you got any ideas? It needs to be fairly simple as I'm not the best cook in the world :lol:

Thanks! xx

Replies

• Have you looked at the Jamie Oliver 30 minute range?

I would say most I've tried have taken more than 30 mins to prepare and cook, however the end results have been fab!

x x
  • oooh thanks lolashola! Just looked at jamie olivers website and think I'm going to do belly pork!

xx
  • Cannot reccommend the Jamie Oliver range enough! Me and OH had his Cypriot Stuffed Chicken which is feta cheese, sundried tomatoes and herbs...was absolutely gorgeous and was so easy to do. Theres also a cabbage side salad, cherry tomatoes and asparagus veg, roasted new potatoes anda St Celements Drink which again, is really simplistic but utterly lovely

Theyve actually removed it from the website cause you need to buy the book for it (booooooo) so if you're intersted in the recipe let me know and ill post it for you.
  • the jamie banofee pie in the 30 min book is so quick- looks and tastes amazin!!!
  • Well the belly porked worked brilliantly! It was very tasty. The only problem was my little man has a stonking cold so wouldn't settle in bed so I spent most of the night upstairs and ended up eating my meal 2 hours after everyone else lol! Kids eh?!

As everyone has suggested the 30 minute meals I have asked for the recipe book for my birthday (30th eeek!) which is next week!