Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pillows

Hi ladies

Emily is almost 9 months. At night she fidgets & wriggles till she is on top of a blanket or a teddy. The nights i put her in a sleeping bag and there is nothing for her to lay on she is so restless and wakes more. Even from very small she held a muslin to her face while she slept. It must be a comfort thing. My Q is, do I give her a pillow? I know the guidlines are 12 months and my boys didnt have pillows till later than that from what I can remember but I think it might help her sleep better.

Replies

• Jason is nearly 7 months old and for a few months he has slept with a special pillow to help with plagiosephaly. It is suitable from birth. Its not one of the wee heartshaped pillows but looks just like a pillow for 12 months plus. I think it is made from breathable fabrics or something to make it safe from birth. He sleeps on his side and snuggles right into it so I'm sure he wouldn't be able to sleep without it now. You could try one of those even though your lo doesn't have a flat head, it would avoid any safety issues. I got his in tkmax but I have seen them on the internet too.
  • Hi, my lo is just 4 months but had always needed something to lie on, it started with a fleecy blanket when she had a cold and since then has to have something under her head, even in the pram. I bought a clevermama memory foam pillow and its fab, its just a flat layer of mamory foam and lo sleeps great on it.xxxx
  • thanks ladies xx