Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Babystyle Oyster Owners

Can you tell me does your frame creak really loudly?? I love the push chair but the creaking is driving me nuts and it is not the wheels it is the actual frame. I took it back to the shop and they said it was because I was hanging the bag on the handles and I had voided the warantee, I am a bit cross because not only are the prams displayed with the bags hanging on the handles but I can't find anything in the paperwork telling you not too. I bag does not contain excessive weight just the usual, nappies spare outfit, keys phone wallet, wipes etc and it doen't really fit in the basket. Do you hang your bags on the handles? Just interested in whether this is a common problem if you do hang bags on handles and it doesn't creak I am going to go direct to the manufacturer I think. Thanks girlies xx

Replies

• Hellooo

Touchwood no, mine doesn't creak excessively...the odd one but nothing like you're describing. And yes, I hang my changebag off the handles and any shopping bags, so my warranty would be non existent!!

Interestingly I met a lady once who also had an Oyster and she was having a problem with a brake that kept jamming. The shop also told her that her warranty was void due to hanging bags so she went straight to Babystyle who were sorting it (slightly reluctantly by the sounds of it...she wasn't impressed).

I would go straight to Babystyle and be firm!! It's not normal for a pretty much new pushchair to creak!

xxxx
  • I had a babystyle pram and my frame broke within the first two weeks and when I eventually got a replacement it creaked like mad, it done my head in but it wasn't the oyster it was the sd3 3 in 1 pram, i hated it so much i bought another on a ccard!!
  • Mine doesn't creak hun, absolute b#llocks about voiding the warranty , contact baby style direct x
  • Also I had a problem with the break jamming too, baby style suggested wd40, miracle stuff worked a treat xxx
  • I have just phoned the shop again and they have agreed to send it back but are still harping on about the changing bag and basically saying Babystyle will just send it back saying the same. I pointed out that all the bags in the shop are displayed on the handles and there is nothing in the manual or the warantee information which I have read from cover to cover. Fingers crossed hey!
  • If there's nothing in the manual they can't say you're voiding the warranty, google "sale of goods act" !goodluck x
  • Thanks hun x
  • mine does the same thing and it's so annoying image i find the only time it wont do it is if the handle is all the way down.