Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feel like my relationship is not making it

Replies

• I felt like this and we are starting to come out the other side.

Slightly different for us as our situation was caused by us over stretching ourselves to buy a house. Hubby worked 2 jobs (1 full time and 1 part time) and we felt like ships passing. I started getting resentful as he was going out all day and then having band practice once a week and at times a day at the weekend too.

Our second dd wasn't planned and I ended up going back to work when she was 5 months old.

DD1 is now 3 years old and all of a sudden I am happy and I'm not sure what has happened!

We dont go out much and our family holiday is a sun holiday to Butlins next week and I cant wait.

Its been a long slog, lots of tears and struggling but I have suddenly started to accept my lot and make the most of it. If hubby has practice at a weekend then we go and watch. We made sure that we do one thing together over the weekend that doesn't cost anything (ie picnic at the park)

We also like to throw a dinner party once a month so that we get to stay in touch with our friends. And I always tell hubby to be home an hour earlier than I need him because he is NEVER on time. If I want him home for 8 as the dinner party starts at 8.30 then I tell him 7. He then usually gets in just after 8!

Hope it gets better for you soon.

Serena X