Forum home Babies Baby

Anyone been to Wollacombe?

Hiya, We are planning to visit Woolacombe in August, If you don't mind i'd like to pick your brains a bit further & ask if anyone has been to any of the Woolacombe Bay holiday parks? Theres 4 to choose from & i'm lost!

I heard August is going to be a heat wave so I can't wait!

Replies

• Hey Golden Girl!

I've been but I cant remember much about it! I know we had a great time tho. Ilfracombe is lovely as well. We stayed at the golden coast place when Lily was 18 months. The accommadation was great, we took a travel cot with us. And I went to one of the other parks to have a massage, while hubby and his mate (Lily's godfather, who tagged along too) took her to the swimming pool.

We do lots of these kinds of holidays (off to Butlins Minehead next week, yay) and its one of the best ones we have done.

Its a bit of a trek out but see if you can go to the Milkyway place (like an activity centre). Its a really weird place but brilliant at the same time.

I'm so excited about Evelyns first holiday next week. The maybies are growing up!

Serena x
  • Yep, we've been, was a scorcher (August bank hols 2007). We camped at the Europa Park, which is up quite high. I wouldn't recommend it for a family though, so steer clear of it. It was perfect for a group without children (as we were then) but I wouldn't stay there with children. I speak for the camping area though, don't know if the static caravan part is different.

But we had a great time, the beach is huge with plenty of things for children. There are some shops, cafes, a chippy and a lovely pub with sea views and I'd definately recommend it!

Serena - we went to Minehead in August 2009, I was about a week pregnant (but didn't know it). We didn't stay at Butlins, camped at a small site. But Butlins looked great, loads to do.
  • yes i have when i was younger, its beautiful! i cant remember which park though. xx