Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

what did you feel like before going into labour?(also in PREG)

i am 39+1 with number 3, but have only ever been induced before so dont know what it feels like to go into labour naturally.

yesterday and today i have been so so hot, cant cool down, windows open, and have no reason to be hot, not hot weather, and no heating on.

i feel like my face is sweaty and i feel lke my whole body, esp face is roasting...sometimes i dont notice it so much, then it suddenly comes on, i feel like someone turned on a heater right beside me,

i have also been having tightenings across bump, which arent what id describe as sore but very distracting. i have had period like cramps and low back ache.

i know these are all normal for end of pregnancy, but i cant help wondering if something might be happening very slowly...cause with others i felt completely normal til i was induced at 10 days late.

i also feel like i need to be sick...not immediate going to throw up becasue im trying to not htink about it, but could easily be sick if that makes sense?

i dont know if im just getting my hopes up...altho i really woudl like to go into labour myself this time....

could someone tell me what its like, i know it prob differetn for everyone, but just want to know what to look out for.

i know that when it is real labour i will def know, cause the pain is unmistakeable, but any help woudl be great thanks x

Replies

• With both of mine, it was just period pains. I did nest with both of them, cleaning the house from top to bottom!

Good luck, hope it happens for you soon image
  • totally normal, i had the runs a few hours before then my waters broke and contractions started

god luck hope its not too much longer x
  • With Daniel I had loose bowels for a couple of days before hand, but thought nothing of it as due to allergies I have odd bowels anyway! Slight sore lower back but other than that nothing until my waters went - but then I felt really really hot all the time, so that might be a sign. Really hope this is it for you!! x
  • Completely normal but did start loosing quite a bit of my plug (had losts some of it weeks earlier though so didn't think much of it!)

Hope it goes well for you though!!!

• Absolutely nothing! Was sure that I would have 'something' or an inkling but no physical changes and no idea - didn't even nest. Went to a party on Boxing Day and stayed late as was so sure baby wasn't coming anytime soon...went to bed at 11pm and then got my first contraction an hour and a half later! Baby took a whopping 30hours to come after that though LOL!!
  • I woke up at 3am with period like pains....tried to sleep..couldn't...got up and sat on the sofa until 7am when hubby came down.....

I started timing them as I knew the were not BH.....rang hospital at 12.00 and at 12.30pm went in....pains were strong but managable...

at 2.30 I was checked at 4cms.....got my TENS machine out and walked around the room for the next 7 hours with pains getting stronger (still only on my TENS) had a bit of G&A and waters exploded everwhere at 10cm...

5 pushes and 25 mins later...bingo....our beautiful boy was born.....

I really hope that you have a natural and relaxing birth.....

DLAM xxx
  • AF type cramps and back ache plus on the loo on and off all day. Waters broke 10pm all kicked off about 2 am good luck x