Forum home Babies Baby

Question about the CabrioFix Maxi-Cosi Care Seat

Hi, I'm after some advice from people who have this car seat. I've got it too and am wondering when i should take the extra bottom padded bit and head rest out? I've read the manual and there no guidelines about what weight or size your baby should be when you take it out?? My LO is almost 8 weeks and weighs around 11lb now. She looks a bit squashed in the headrest bit and doesn't look too comfy but i don't want to take the padded bit out unless i know she'll be safe.

Has anyone else used this seat and of so when did you stop using the headrest and bottom pad??

Replies

• To be honest I can't remember when we took the different bits out but I took the bottom pad / sponge wedge thing out a long time before the head rest. Once we'd taken that bit out it gave lo a lot more space.

Sorry not much help!

Amme x
  • We probably took it oyt about the same age as your LO is now, he was much more comfy afterwards.

xxx
  • We took the bottom bit out some time ago now (LO is 8 months but only just short of 16lbs). We are still using the headrest part. He looked a lot more comfy once we had taken out the bottom part. x
  • I went into mothercare today and asked the same question. DD is 5 months and weighs 15lbs. The lady took the bottom wedge bit out and it's given her loads more room. The head rest is still in place.
  • We took the wedge out at around 8 -9 weeks because she was squashed and it gave her more head room, the head bit moves up a level and we did that when her head reached the top, we are almost 20 weeks and the head bit is still in onthe higher level hope that helps x
  • Ok...now i'm really confused because my seat pad and head rest is one attatchment all together, so can't take the seat pad out and leave the headrest in image
  • just figuered it out!! Duh
  • Lol, I did exactly the same until one of the ladies at one of the groups told me how it worked, I felt very silly!!
  • we took it out a couple of weeks back (about 12wees old)...we only took out the wedge, have left the head rest in for now x