Forum home Babies Baby

One Born Every Minute

Did anyone watch this week's OBEM? I have just watched it and cried and cried. Baby Gino's case was so similar to Charlie's. As soon as they mentioned mum's swollen ankles I thought "Oh I had that", then the polyhydramnios was obvious, followed by a huge baby. 24 hours after birth Gino is in SCBU fighting for his life with low blood sugars. Luckily for them his HI was transient (from pregnancy) and he soon started to regulate his blood sugars. Charlie's HI was genetic so he got worse and needed to go to GOSH for surgery. However those first couple of days were very similar. Just relieved that Gino got home ok and hope he has no follow-up problems.

H xx

http://lifebegins.channel4.com/the-tv-series/2/episode-12/

--------------------

Replies

• I know exactly how u feel, watched it and sobbed myself my LO was 2.6 when born at 30 weeks and the triplets bought it all back. But it just reminds me how lucky we were. Our monkey now 8 months and doing great, can't imagine going thru it with three bubbas!!

• It's not quite the same, but when they showed the little baby under the UV lights with the little mask over his eyes, I got a bit teary! My little one was born with severe jaundice and she spent 24 hours under the lights when she was a day old, and then we had to go back into neonatal when she was a week old as her jaundice levels had gone up again. She was in an incubator, and I just remember feeling so anxious, scared, and emotionally drained.

Fast forward 6, nearly 7 months, and she is a thriving wee baby girl, with the biggest personality!

Amazing how quickly the time passes.

Hope your little boy is doing well xxx