Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Swaddling blanket?

Hi girls

This is my first post in baby since James arrived image, i hope you don't mind me looking for some advice?

We're looking to give swaddling a go to try and get the little man to settle better on a night time but i have no idea where to start looking for 'the right' blanket. Does anyone have any recomendations of good swaddling blankets for a (large) newborn?

Laura x

Replies

• Igot all my swaddling blankets from mothercare,they worked for me
  • Hi we used 'summer' swaddle blankets, the full one and then moved onto the graduate, altho the full one was grown out of quite quickly (and our LO was a v little preemie) but the graduate lasted a bit longer.

Think they stock them in mothercare, we got ours from TKMaxx and then online

Hope that helps, helped our LO sleep thru for the first time image
  • The Brand Grobag do nice ones...we got one before our DD was born but it turns out she didn't like being coinstricted and sleeps with her arms out of the blanket...Just like her Daddy!!
  • I don't use a specific swaddle blanket in just use a normal soft lightweight one. I just wrap it across the body. One arm first then the other. U can look up instructions on how to do it on google. Might save u some money if your little one doesn't like it.
  • I used swaddle blankets that I bought from boots. Swaddling worked for us and I used them right up to him being about 4/5 months old.