Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can you recommend a forward facing car seat?

Hi there,

My DD is approaching 9 months and it's time to get her a new car seat as she's getting way too big for her rear facing one (which is a shame because it clips right onto to the stroller wah)

I've been shopping around online. Our DD's great grandmother has offered to buy us the seat and on Mothercare the only decent ones i've seen are over ??100...I've been on kiddicare.com and have found this one for just ??36.99 which she can use till she's 11: http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_65_10751_-1_14571_125579_10001_14568#ReviewHeader

But then there's also this one which I like the look of for ??45.00 but she can only use it till she's 4: http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_125589_10001?cm_vc=WeRecommendIO

Which would you recommend...or would you recommend a completely different one?

Thank you for your help

Replies

• Options
    hello

if i had to choose between them i would go with the second one thats stage 1, the first one which is stage 1-3 i dont feel supports babies well enough at 9 months, if you have a look at them in the flesh theres a big difference between the stage 1 and stage 1-3, theres much more support in the stage 1 and most have a recline option so your baby isnt upright with its head bent forward when asleep

we have a maxi cosi proir xp, it is over a hundren pounds but it will last until the age of four, it reclines and comes quite highly in safety tests, persoanlly i wouldnt buy a multi stage seat

happy shopping
  • Options
    ^ thank you this is very helpful. I did worry about the non-recline on the stage 1 - 3 so I will rethink.

Thanks again
  • Options
    worth going to have a little play somewhere like halfords or mothercare just to see what they are like, you can usually find them cheaper online x