Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cures for LO with hard poo!

Hi ladies,

For the last few days, my little one has been having poos that are really hard, and look like big hard lumps!

She is on 3 meals a day ( she is 6 months) and drinks a full beaker of water every day, along with 4 bottles. She is on Aptimil Comfort, which is meant to help with constipation anywa.

Any quick fix cures? Should I try a bit of fresh orange juice? Shes had this problem before, but it's usually disappeared after a couple of days,but it doesn't seem to be going this time.

Thanks! Xxx

Replies

• I used to give my little one ella kitchens raisin and prune breekie a couple of times a week to make sure he didn't get bunged up. Worked for us but for some reason our Supermarket has stopped stocking it...arghhh!! x
  • might be worth offerng a little more water and maybe a little diluted fresh orange juice in a morning, puree prunes are good too, my friends LO has been suffering a while and has had lactulose prescribed by the doctor that softens the stool x
  • my daughter had very bad constipation up until around 10 months. it was only when she was weaned that it improved as i introduced prunes once every 2 days. canned ones are fine and just simmer for 5-10 mins and then puree. i added it to porridge usually. it works very quickly.

try fresh orange diluted and if there isnt an improvement go to the gp. my daughter had lactulose which works after 2-3 days. if she hasnt pooed for 3 days def take her. they sometimes give u a suppositry xxx
  • regular drinks of water should help (inbetween all meals and milk feeds), for a quick boost try some diluted prune juice or a spoon or two of some pureed prunes
  • I agree with the recommendations for prunes. My DD had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago and they worked really well. I made a prune and apple puree as I found that the prunes pureed on their own were a really sticky consistency. If your LO isn't keen to the taste or texture, you could add some of the cooking liquid to her water.