Forum home Babies Baby

car travel...

Hi yummy mummies,

Need some advice or info...

I'm a make-up artist and will be traveling from Birmingham to Leeds a few times this month...

My 10week old will be travelling with me... However I have a rear facing car seat which @ the moment is strapped into the back seat...

Is it ok to travel with him on the passenger seat? I've had the passenger air bag switched off...

Also if I have the car seat in the back can I still have 2 people sat on the back seat? (I ask as yesterday I had to sit on the back seat with the mother in law and it was a squeeze)....

Xxxx

Replies

• As far as I'm aware, so long as you have the airbag switched off then you can have the carseat on the passenger seat.

As for 2 people sitting in the back with your lo - I can't see any reason why you couldn't. We have a Megane, which has a bench seat in the back, and we have 2 car seats, and my 10 year old in the middle. Yes, it's a squeeze, but it's manageable. We are in the process of looking for a bigger car though - I wouldn't go too far with my eldest squished in the middle of 2 babies. But for a once off, or short journeys I can't see a problem.

xxx
  • If you can't put her in the front for whatever reason, you can get a mirror you place on the headrest in the back, so you can see LO in your rear view mirror. I find it very reassuring, especially when in the car on my own. Cheap as chips on amazon.