Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ebay V Car Boot

I have tons of baby clothes that I saved from my dd. Now that my little BOY has arrived, I need to make room for all his new boy clothes. Plus, I have lots of maternity clothes.

In your experience, where is better to sell? Obviously ebay would be more work, photographing and listing the items, then going to the post office, but do they sell better on ebay? Or just get it over and done with in one day at a car boot. If I wait and do a car boot in the summer, I will have more things that ds will have outgrown as well.

Replies

• Hiya, I have no experience of selling myself, but I am planning on selling a few bits in the next few months and was wondering the same thing! So I'm really interested in other people's view on this! Part of me though was wondering whether Gumtree may be better because you can put a fixed price (so you are not gambling on someone bidding what you want), it's free, and the onus is more on the buyer to come and collect it which saves messing about with postage etc. Hope you figure it all out image xx
  • Hi, I've done both car boot & ebay - not with baby clothes though... I've found I make a lot more on ebay. I would suggest listing items at 99p, then it doesn't cost you to list. Also, put a lot of listings on at the same time, so that when the items end, you can do one round trip to the post office. Also, I tend to add a little onto the postage to cover the cost of the packaging, my time & petrol it takes to get to the post office. Then anything that hasn't sold will go up to the car boot...

Hope this help... xxx